PSIT is a leading independent pension trustee company and professional pension scheme secretarial services business, first formed in 1995 and part of the Punter Southall Group of companies. Following our merger with HR Trustees in January 2018, we are now the UK’s second largest professional trustee company.
We act for many pension schemes, from the very small to the very large, including defined benefit (DB) and defined contribution (DC) pension schemes that are open or closed to new members, closed to future benefit accrual, winding up or merging. We work with both trust based pension schemes and contract based workplace pensions.
To ensure clients receive the very best support, we:
- share our expertise and experience – for the benefit of your scheme and members
- reflect you and what is happening in the ‘real world’ – we bring fresh thinking to real-life problems by not having ‘house views’
- place value on talking – we believe that people are important and that communicating only by email is often neither the most efficient nor effective way of getting the job done
- focus on client satisfaction – we achieve this by forming a long-term partnership with you
- are free from conflicts of interest – we have a simple policy: where PSIT acts as independent trustee, we will not involve any other Punter Southall Group (PSG) company in that pension scheme
- do not use self-employed trustees – this is the only way to guarantee high quality and continuity in service
We offer a range of pension scheme services including:
- acting as sole trustee to a pension scheme, as chair of trustees or as part of a pension trustee board
- professional pension trustee secretarial services
- pension scheme governance and risk reviews
- pensions management – on an outsourced, permanent, temporary or ad-hoc basis
- adviser reviews and benchmarking
We believe expert financial and investment management are fundamental to the successful running of any workplace pension scheme, so we ensure we provide our clients with access to a strong team with extensive experience and a very wide range of skills.
We are members of The Association of Corporate Trustees (TACT), Faculty and Institute of Actuaries, NAPF, Association of Professional Pension Trustees (APPT) and Pensions Management Institute (PMI).