We are a leading financial services provider and a mutual, employing over 5,800 people. We have over 5.8 million customers, 1.1 million of whom are our members. Our customers hold a variety of products with us including insurance, investment and retirement solutions. We are best known for our car insurance but we actually offer a huge range of general insurance products to cover people’s prized possessions as well as protection and retirement policies to help cover lives, lifestyles and income.
We were established in 1843 to help people look after what they love. 175 years on, we still have this aim at the heart of the business today. We’re all about staying relevant in an ever changing world and providing financial solutions that help people live confident lives. Our people are core to our business and we aim to build an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can feel comfortable, respected and supported.
We are looking for outstanding applicants (either bachelors, master’s, Phds or equivalent qualification) from a mathematical or other numerate degrees such as physics, chemistry, economics and engineering:
• Genuine interest in Financial Services
• Analytical and creative approaches to problem solving
• Excellent communication skills
• Confidence with humility
• Independent thinking with strong collaborative skills
• Desire to build and grow our practice
• Minimum 2:1 degree.
Support for the actuarial community…:
• 60 qualified actuaries
• 40 analysts
Throughout their career, including:
• New starter induction pack
• Study support
• Career mentoring
• Networking opportunities
• Personal development
• Lunch & learns
• Professional fees
• Social events
• Course materials including notes, assignments, marking, tutorials and revision tools
• Study leave
• Exam entry fees
• Study mentoring
• Structured exam-related pay increases.