Investment advice is a key component in the range of consulting services that we offer. We help clients meet their objectives through effective management of pension scheme investment risk.
Our investment practice is a market leader in the UK and we advise many household names. The practice comprises around 30 consultants supported by 40 investment and research analystsand the teams are based in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London.
Some of the areas that a trainee investment consultant may cover include:
- Working closely with scheme actuaries to help clients agree long-term objectives and targets, and devise plans for meeting those targets
- Helping clients ascertain the appropriate level of investment risk to be taken in their scheme, to help address scheme deficits
- Project managing the implementation of a change in structure of a client’s assets
- Monitoring clients’ investment arrangements and reporting on progress
- Advising clients on the appropriate structure for their investment portfolio, considering the full range of asset classes and the impact of financial markets and the economy
- Working with DC clients to ascertain the appropriate investment options for scheme members
- Researching investment managers/approaches/products to ensure we can advise on those that best fit our clients’ needs
Investing in you
As an actuarial trainee consultant with us, you’ll be a valuable member of the team from day one. Your success is an absolute priority for us and we are committed to making the appropriate investment in you.
We want to help you achieve your professional actuarial qualification at a pace that is right for you. So, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive training and exam package that you can tailor for yourself. We’ll also offer you time off for study, mentoring from a senior colleague, and membership of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.