Considering a career as an actuary?
Want to find out more about what a career as an actuary involves? Then take part in LCP’s summer intern programme to find out first hand what life as an actuary really entails and experience working for an award winning actuarial firm.
What’s more, if you like LCP and we think you’re right for us, there’s a real chance of being offered a position on our graduate programme when you finish your degree.
We specialise in providing our clients with practical, bespoke and robust solutions, covering corporate pensions, strategic investment advice, general insurance and specialist financial services including risk appraisal and business modelling.
We are now recruiting around 18 highly numerate undergraduates to work in our Pensions, General Insurance and Investment departments in London and Winchester during the summer of 2016.
The placements typically commence in early July and last for 8 weeks.
We typically look to take on students in the penultimate year of their degree with a keen interest in the actuarial profession. We require strong team players with excellent communication skills. Ideal candidates will be predicted to get at least a 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in any discipline and have an A grade in A level mathematics (or equivalent). We also require good A level grades in other subjects, equating to a total of 320 UCAS points.
If you join us as a summer intern you will benefit from:
- An excellent induction training and development programme with a buddy system to help you settle in to LCP smoothly.
- A structured training and development programme including:
- technical training on pensions legislation and the actuarial techniques necessary for the day to day work you will be doing; and
- structured on-the job training as you undertake various tasks within the placement to offer you the widest possible experience in all aspects of what we do.
- Pro-rated annual holiday entitlement during your placement.
- Opportunities to take on challenging and varied work typically undertaken by our trainee analysts to give you the best possible insight into what a graduate position would entail.
- Opportunities to work with a wide variety of staff and partners to give you breadth of experience.
- Opportunities to attend client meetings.