LCP is a leading independent, owner managed pensions, investment and insurance consultancy in the UK and Ireland. We help our clients leverage the latest technology and analytics across a range of industries to help them be at the forefront of data driven and digital solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a consultant to join our team to help us develop and support the technology which supports our pensions actuarial and investment client services.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Partner in the Business Analytics team, the role plays the important part of linking the modelling team and the pensions actuarial department, covering a variety of both internal tools used within LCP and external facing models. You will combine your passion and talent for detailed numerical work with your ability to discuss and communicate technical matters with audiences who have a wide range of technical understanding.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can bring together detailed pensions expertise and experience with input from other internal subject matter experts to agree appropriate technical specifications which meet the needs of the business
- Will work closely with our in-house pensions software developers to ensure the design, functionality and calculations are fit for purpose and will take ownership of the sign-off and release process
- Provides robust challenge on design and methodology to colleagues at a range of levels of experience
- Designs, builds and owns suitable benchmark test results to cover specific areas of functionality in a risk-orientated manner using very strong Excel skills
- Will ultimately be viewed as an expert by both the software development and client facing teams within pensions actuarial
If you have a track record of delivery on highly technical pensions modelling work and have excellent communication skills we want to hear from you!
What qualification, skills and experience do you need?
- You must be a qualified (FIA/FFA or similar) pensions actuary with demonstrable experience in a similar role/team within UK pensions modelling
- Experience of asset liability modelling and its application to providing strategic investment advice to UK DB (and DC) pension schemes
- Understanding of the workings of stochastic models (including monte carlo simulation models)
- Excellent Excel skills are essential and an understanding of programming languages (C#, VBA) would be beneficial
- The ability to communicate breadth and depth of model knowledge clearly and effectively
- The ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances and priorities as required, keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Project management experience
- A team player
- Commercial awareness
A full role description will be provided to applicants with the requirements set out above.
Our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff to join our ever-growing partnership.
We work with you to develop your personal and professional skills to help you build a successful career within the firm. We aim to recruit and develop the best people who enjoy the challenge of providing the highest quality service to our clients.
We strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.