LCP is an award-winning actuarial and analytics consultancy providing advice on pensions, investments, employee benefits, insurance, energy and health.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a part-qualified pensions actuary to join our team in London or Winchester.
Our pensions actuarial department is very well known and very highly respected within our industry. We advise a large range of clients, both Trustee and Corporate, and count over 50% of FTSE100 companies receiving advice from our business.
If you are seeking to be a part of a people and client focussed team where opportunities to work with senior, well known industry professionals are the norm, not the exception, and where you will be supported not just with professional study but also to develop your personal skills to make you the best you can be then we would love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
- Working directly alongside consultants and partners with a variety of clients, some trustee and some corporate, for a range of scheme types and sizes
- Reviewing work done by others
- Carrying out more challenging calculation work, such as approximate valuations and analyses of surplus
- Preparing figures and analysing the impact of pension schemes on balance sheets of UK and International companies
- Taking a role in managing projects and client work as you progress
- Attending client meetings with partners as opportunities arise to do so
- Presenting internal training sessions for junior colleagues from time to time
What skills, qualifications and experience are we looking for?
- At least two years experience in a UK pensions consultancy and making good progress with the actuarial exams
- Excellent UK pensions technical knowledge
- Confidence and the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, partners, contacts and clients
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- A commitment to delivering high quality work to clients
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a multi-award winning, fun, collaborative, people first organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work. Currently our core benefits package includes:
For you: hybrid working (varies by role and department), professional study support (where applicable), access to our internal Wellbeing, LGBTQ+, Multicultural and Women’s networks
For your family: Life assurance, income protection, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption and shared parental leave
For your health: 26 days annual leave (pro-rata for part-time working) plus bank holidays (most of which can be taken flexibly!), options to buy & sell holiday, discounted gym memberships, private medical, critical illness and dental insurance through our flexible benefits, eye care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, digital GP services
For your wealth: competitive pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, high street discounts, season ticket loans
For others: volunteering opportunities
And much more!
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.