What do the insurance analytics team do?
Data-driven solutions are at the heart of our work at LCP. As a Graduate within our Insurance Analytics team, you’ll be working within a team of actuaries, data scientists and software engineers to solve interesting real-world problems in non-life insurance. This will include working on our multi-award-winning analytics software, LCP InsurSight, which is used by some of the largest insurers in the world.
We help insurers: ensure they are financially robust; identify emerging trends in the risks they insure; and process their claims more efficiently and cost-effectively, helping provide a better service and lower premiums for policyholders. You will have the opportunity to work across all areas of non-life insurance, from UK motor insurance to US hurricane insurance.
Your day-to-day work will involve substantial amounts of programming and the application of data science and machine learning techniques (eg random forests, clustering, large language models). Additionally, you will collaborate with the wider insurance consulting team, where specific insurance domain knowledge is required. The primary programming languages used within the insurance analytics team are Python and R, while you will work with the wider LCP Digital Services team to help deploy our solutions in Azure. Do not worry if you do not have knowledge of all the above. We are primarily looking for people with a strong interest in using analytics to solve real-world problems in insurance.
In addition to your core development work, you’ll be part of the broader LCP insurance consulting team, collaborating on projects where analytics expertise is needed, and demonstrating your work to both our existing and potential clients.
Your Growth Pathway:
- Graduate Training Programme: Our Insurance Consulting Graduate Training Programme will help you develop your insurance domain knowledge and softer skills (eg presenting and management). A series of scheduled sessions and courses will offer both technical and professional expertise training, including courses on Azure and data science techniques.
- Mentoring & On-the-Job Training: There will also be training on the job from the other members of the insurance analytics team (covering eg software engineering best practices, writing clear and efficient code), and we make sure this is structured to offer you the widest possible experience in all aspects of what we do. You will also have the support of LCP’s extensive Digital Services team, comprising engineering, infrastructure, and DevOps professionals, including LCP-wide weekly coding club sessions and monthly tech talks. Finally, we have an in-house mentoring system, so there is always someone you can ask if anything seems unclear.
- Impactful Connections: Engage with industry leaders, innovators, and fellow professionals, broadening your horizons and opportunities.
It is an exciting time for the insurance analytics team. We are building on our success to date and are keen to work with enthusiastic graduates who are excited about using technology to tackle the challenges facing the insurance sector.
Why should you choose LCP?
- Vibrant Culture: Build your career in an environment brimming with fun, collaboration, and mutual growth.
- Competitive package: Attractive, flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your specific needs.
- Your Wellbeing: We don’t just care about your work; we care about YOU. Our benefits are structured to bolster your overall wellbeing, ensuring you’re always at the top of your game.
- A Celebration of Diversity: At LCP, every voice matters. We champion a space where all forms of diversity are celebrated, ensuring everyone feels seen, heard, and valued.
Ready to embark on a career journey where your potential has no bounds and you can power possibility? LCP awaits you.