At LCP we love what we do, and it shows. We help our clients make good decisions based on insightful analysis, industry expertise, and game-changing technology. Working across a wide range of sectors, including pensions and benefits, investments, insurance, energy, health, sports, and data analytics, we help our clients navigate complexity in order to take the action that matters.
Our Data Services team is rapidly expanding, as we increase our offering to clients, particularly in the de-risking space. The team work closely with experts in other areas of LCP’s business and utilise our advanced technology to deliver solutions to our clients. To facilitate this growth, we are recruiting individuals with a knowledge of Defined Benefit pensions for client facing, technical roles, to bolster our existing team.
What will you be doing?
You will be working on a variety of projects; alongside our market-leading de-risking team to assist schemes as they prepare for buy-out/buy in, assisting with GMP data preparedness and the future Pensions Dashboard.
Our clients are a mixture of existing LCP clients, and clients administered elsewhere but seeking LCP’s expertise to meet their strategic objectives.
We are seeking actuaries who are enthusiastic about working on dynamic and fast-paced projects. You will utilise your technical expertise to create and execute solutions, as well as provide advisory services to our clients. As part of your responsibilities, you will collaborate closely with Data Services management and other key stakeholders in LCP’s wider business.
What skills, qualifications and experience are we looking for?
- Good knowledge of DB pension schemes, along with working knowledge of other occupational pension schemes.
- Qualified or part qualified actuary.
- Able to prioritise workloads with conflicting importance, keeping to deadlines, agreed service levels and disclosure requirements.
- An interest in pension scheme de-risking exercises.
- Able to develop methodologies to create bulk solutions to undertaken complex pension scheme calculations; including sufficient controls to minimise risk.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Confident communicator of complex or technical matters concerning UK pensions and member data to a diverse audience in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven experience in establishing strong collaborative relationships with clients, external third parties, or suppliers.
- Experience in supporting or leading and delivering presentations at client meetings.
- Enjoys taking an active role to guarantee client satisfaction for the duration of projects and have a willingness to foster new client relationships.
- Evidence of overseeing financial aspects of projects.
What qualities and behaviors should you bring?
- Dedication to achieving client satisfaction, while also considering the requirements of the business.
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships and develop junior team members
- Capable of strategic thinking and suggesting solutions, while also recognising potential risks and issues.
What’s in it for you?
As well as joining a multi-award winning, fun, collaborative, people first organisation where your personal and professional skills will be developed to make you the best you can be, we offer an attractive benefits package designed to promote your overall wellbeing so that you are able to perform to your full potential both in and out of work. Currently our core benefits package includes:
For you: hybrid working (varies by role and department), professional study support (where applicable), access to our internal Wellbeing, LGBTQ+, Multicultural and Women’s networks
For your family: Life assurance, income protection, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption and shared parental leave
For your health: 26 days annual leave (pro-rata for part-time working) plus bank holidays (most of which can be taken flexibly!), options to buy & sell holiday, discounted gym memberships, private medical, critical illness and dental insurance through our flexible benefits, eye care vouchers, cycle to work scheme, digital GP services
For your wealth: competitive pension scheme, discretionary bonus scheme, high street discounts, season ticket loans
For others: volunteering opportunities
And much more!
We continuously strive to build an inclusive workplace where all forms of diversity are valued, including age, background, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or sexual orientation.