We’re looking for candidates who enjoy manipulating and analysing complex data, thinking critically to break down and evaluate problems in an objective way. You will pursue difficult challenges, adapt to unfamiliar or changing situations and will seek out opportunities for self-development. Ideally you will also strive to work efficiently and handle deadlines effectively. A keen interest in building relationships with others, being able to communicate effectively is also valuable.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Firm wide responsibilities for all Trainee Consultants
- Developing the necessary technical skills to carry out detailed and sometimes complex analysis, applying knowledge and judgement to interpret the results.
- Applying mathematical knowledge to solve often complex and challenging problems.
- Formulating advice for clients (whether the client is internal or external to us) using the results of the analysis.
- Presenting and communicating that advice both verbally and in a written context.
- Learning to use sophisticated modelling to help support the advice we give to our clients.
- Presenting the results of our calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way.
- Upholding our quality standards, policies and risk management procedures.
- Developing a network and building relationships with both internal and external contacts.
- Responsible for careful time recording and allocation to appropriate client and job codes.
- Adhering to our Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
A & B Practice specific
- Designing clients’ benefits and reward packages.
- Identifying risks and potential mitigation strategies for asset and liability management.
- Improving security and quality of life for retirees.
- Advising on remuneration and wealth creation strategies.
- Developing a communication strategy supporting a change project.
- Identifying and helping develop modelling systems that help provide client solutions.
- Active involvement in client account development.
- Supporting new business propositions.
- Keeping on top of and advising clients on legislative changes.
- Understanding changes in the financial markets and implications for our clients.
Minimum entry criteria
- On track to achieve a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- A-level Maths Grade B or Scottish Higher Maths grade A, or equivalent.
- GCSE English Grade B or Scottish Higher English grade at C or equivalent.