Are you a penultimate year student looking to gain experience, build your confidence and grow your professional network over the summer? If so, our competitively paid Summer Internship Programme could be the perfect way for you to do this!
Have you considered an actuarial career?
Do you enjoy building relationships, solving complex problems, and working with numbers? For those that do, an actuarial career could be an exciting pathway for you to explore – and taking part in our summer internship programme is a great way to do this!
What will your role look like?
Taking place for eight weeks over July and August, our Internship Opportunities will give you the chance to work with an exciting variety of businesses and stakeholders.
You’ll be aligned to one of our Business Areas (either Actuarial Private, Investment DB, Defined Contribution Consulting, or Insurance & Financial Services) and will be supported by experienced and friendly colleagues within your team to develop your knowledge of what a role would be like within your area.
During your internship you’ll help our consultants use data to help businesses make decisions to positively impact the lives of their employees. Some of the key activities you will be involved in will include:
- Working with our consultants on providing analysis of large data sets to formulate advice for their clients
- Helping them to present the results of this in easily understandable formats
- Gaining an understanding of how to work with data modelling tools and software
You will also be given an individual project to work on, aligned to your business unit, that you’ll present your findings from to a few team members towards the end of your internship.
One of the best features of our internship programme is that those who do well throughout it can be offered a ring-fenced space on our graduate programme for the following year. So this is a great opportunity for you not just to gain a better understanding of an actuarial career with us, but also for you to secure a graduate job for once you have completed your degree!
If you enjoy the following, we think you’ll love this opportunity:
- Building relationships and communicating with people
- Working with large sets of detailed data and other forms of information
- Solving complex problems
- A fun and fast-paced working environment, where you are encouraged to collaborate with your colleagues
- Being adaptable and flexible in your approach to tasks
You don’t need to be joining us from a purely maths or actuarial science based subject to excel in this role as we recognise that any University degree will give you an amazing set of transferable skills that are valuable in any workplace. However, we do require you to have the ability to work well with numbers.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer:
- A flexible selection of employee benefits, so you can choose a package that best matches your lifestyle and needs
- A collaborative and supportive work environment where your thinking and ideas are encouraged
- On site mental health and wellbeing support
- A commitment to helping you develop both personally and professionally, with mentoring opportunities and access to our award-winning learning portal, Aspire
- Regular social activities
Earlier this year were proud to be rated third in the Rate My Placement Award category for Best Medium-Sized Internship Schemes! Take a look through some of our reviews to find out more about what our previous students enjoyed about their time with us!
You can find out more about why we think Hymans is a great place to work by visiting our Early Careers site!
We have opportunities across each of our four UK based offices – in Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Birmingham. And we offer hybrid working so you can enjoy the positive wellbeing of working from home as well as the benefits of meeting colleagues in our sociable, modern office environments.
We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, which includes but isn’t limited to: age, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, marital or civil partnership status, neurodiversity, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Please note, we recruit on a rolling basis so early applications are recommended to avoid disappointment.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply