For this 8 week placement, we’re looking for candidates who enjoy manipulating and analysing complex data, thinking critically to break down and evaluate problems in an objective way. You will pursue difficult challenges, adapt to unfamiliar or changing situations and will seek out opportunities for self-development. Ideally you will also strive to work efficiently and handle deadlines effectively. A keen interest in building relationships with others, being able to communicate effectively is also valuable. We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
Key Responsibilities will include
• Researching, writing and presenting on an individual project which will span the duration of the placement.
• Proactively liaising with people in the business to gather information on the firm and consultant career path.
• Using analytical skills to analyse complex data.
• Applying mathematical knowledge to solve often complex and challenging problems
• Learning to use sophisticated modelling to help support the advice we give to our clients
• Presenting the results of our calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way
• Responsible for careful time recording and allocation to appropriate client and job codes.
• Adhering to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies
• Penultimate year university student.
• On track to achieve a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
• A-level Maths Grade B or Higher Maths grade A, or equivalent
• GCSE English Grade B or Higher English grade at C or equivalent