A 9 month placement from June will provide students with hands-on experience in a friendly, supportive team, working with technical experts at all levels. The placement will take place in Actuarial and Benefits, Public Sector team in Glasgow.
We’re looking for candidates who enjoy manipulating and analysing complex data, thinking critically to break down and evaluate problems in an objective way. You will pursue challenging problems, adapt to unfamiliar or changing situations and seek out opportunities for self-development. Ideally you will also strive to work efficiently and learn to handle deadlines effectively. A keen interest in building relationships with others, being able to communicate effectively is also valuable.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Researching, writing and presenting on an individual project which will span the duration of the placement.
- Proactively liaising with people in the business to gather information on the firm and consultant career path.
- Using analytical skills to analyse complex data.
- Applying mathematical knowledge to solve often complex and challenging problems
- Learning to use sophisticated modelling to help support the advice we give to our clients
- Presenting the results of our calculations and modelling in an engaging and compelling way
- Responsible for careful time recording and allocation to appropriate client and job codes.
- Adhering to our Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
- Penultimate year university student and on track to, or have achieved a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- A-level Maths Grade B or Scottish Higher Maths grade A, or equivalent.
- GCSE English Grade B or Scottish Higher English grade at C or equivalent.