Our Defined Contribution Consulting Business Unit works with all types of DC schemes to provide advice on investment strategy, portfolio construction and implementation, as well as working with product providers and retail advisors to deliver the latest investment proposition innovation.
This offering is a key component of our consulting services and helps firmly establish us as a UK market leader in this area. Our diverse client base for these services spans both corporate and trustee bodies across a wide variety of business and industry sectors, as well as local government pension schemes and other public sector clients.
A unique opportunity to join this Business Unit as our Head of DC Investment has recently become available, and we are excited to welcome applications for this role.
What will your role look like?
As the face of DC Investments both within Hymans and the external market, you will have the opportunity to lead, develop and grow the Investment Offering within the DC Consulting Team.
Using your unique mixture of skills in Leadership, Business Development and Client Delivery you will have overall responsibility for the DC Investment proposition – developing material and services for our DC Investment proposition and working with the DC Consulting team and New Business teams to prospect and win new clients.
You’ll provide guidance to our largest DC Investment clients, ensuring they receive a high-quality investment consultancy service, and you’ll be passionate about using innovation to help our teams to improve the investment propositions and strategies that we provide to our clients. You’ll also have the opportunity to work in partnership with our other DC propositions on investment matters (such as provider selection and benchmarking), and with our DC Consulting Business Unit leader to develop business and resource plans for the investment proposition and the wider business unit.
If you have the following, then this opportunity may be a great next step for you:
- An understanding of the UK pensions market, with a DC focus – including an understanding of auto-enrolment, Chair’s Statements, VfM, Implementation Statements, disclosure requirements, Statement of Investment Principles and responsible investment (TCFD).
- Awareness of the investment options used by DC arrangements.
- Knowledge of factors that would input into the design of different glidepaths for different member characteristics and allowance for freedom and choice.
- Knowledge of the implementation options open to Trustee clients (including MTs) and corporates
- Understanding of portfolio construction, risk metrics and the use of quant models and stochastic modelling to optimise and inform portfolio and glidepath construction.
- Understanding of how markets operate and the economic influences on them (including capital market assumptions (ESS)), with the ability to interpret and challenge information this before forming your own view
We expect those with an interest to be operating at a Senior level in their current role and be FFA/FIA or CFA qualified. However, we would also be open to applications from those who are authorised to give investment advice by having alternative relevant qualifications and/or experience.
A more detailed list of requirements for this position is available within the role profile – which is available on request.
In addition to a competitive salary and access to our profit share scheme, we offer:
- A flexible selection of employee benefits, so you can choose a package that best matches your lifestyle and needs.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment where your thinking and ideas are encouraged.
- On site mental health and wellbeing support
- A commitment to helping you develop both personally and professionally, with mentoring opportunities and access to our award-winning learning portal, Aspire.
- Regular social activities, in addition to three days paid volunteering leave each year and a day’s leave to celebrate your birthday.
We are open to this role being based in any of our four UK based offices – Edinburgh, Glasgow, London and Birmingham. And we offer hybrid working so you can enjoy the positive wellbeing of working from home as well as the benefits of meeting colleagues in our sociable, modern office environments.
We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from all persons.
Together, we’ve been building better futures for over 100 years. For our people, our clients and their people, our communities and the environment.
We thrive on tackling complex problems. And we believe those problems are best solved by diverse teams – diverse in skills, approaches and backgrounds. Our independence lets our people be themselves and think freely, while working in a collaborative, supportive environment. We love innovative, independent thinking and want everyone to share their ideas.
Working alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions, we offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. With over 1000 employees and counting, we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field and are proud to be recognised by numerous industry awards.
We’re committed to developing our people and encourage everyone to carve out their own career path. We’ve many colleagues who started out in one team in the business and have ended up somewhere completely different, having had the chance to develop new skills and explore new passions.
Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds – home working as well as a fun, collaborative office environment – meaning flexible working patterns to accommodate individual needs. For more information about our benefits you can visit our iDeal.
If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
Together, we can make this the best job you’ll ever have.