Are you a final year student or recent graduate who is excited by the idea of using data to help businesses make informed, risk-averse decisions that can positively impact the lives of their employees?
If so, our Opportunity to join the Hymans Robertson team as a Graduate Actuarial Analyst could be a perfect next step for your Graduate Career!
What will your role look like?
As a valued member of our Actuarial Technical Team, we will support you to learn and develop both the theoretical and practical skills you need to become an Actuarial Analyst. This is a diverse role where you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of businesses and stakeholders, so no two days will be the same for you. However, some of the key activities you will be involved in will include:
- Developing your skills and expertise of data modelling to become one of our in-house ‘Technical Experts’ in our modelling tools and software
- Supporting your Consulting Colleagues to use these tools to formulate client advice
- Spending time working on detailed analysis of large and complex data sets, and interpreting the results of these
- Maintaining our quality standards, policies and risk management procedures along with adhering to our Information Security standards, policies and procedures
This is an excellent opportunity for graduates who are excited by the prospect of developing their mathematical modelling skills and expertise, but who aren’t looking to progress down the Consulting pathways offered in our other Graduate Programme
If you enjoy the following, we think you’ll love this opportunity:
- Working with large sets of detailed data
- Using mathematical modelling tools
- Solving complex problems
- A fun and fast-paced working environment, where you are encouraged to collaborate with your colleagues
- Being adaptable and flexible in your approach to tasks
You don’t need to be joining us from a purely maths based subject to be considered for this role, we recognise that any University degree provides students with a valuable set of transferable skills that are useful in any workplace, however we will require you to have the ability to work well with numbers.
In return, we offer:
- A flexible selection of employee benefits, so you can choose a package that best matches your lifestyle and needs
- A collaborative and supportive work environment where your thinking and ideas are encouraged
- On site mental health and wellbeing support
- Regular social activities, in addition to three days paid volunteering leave each year and a day’s leave to celebrate your birthday
At Hymans we are committed to both your professional and personal development and offer a variety of routes for you to progress in your career. For those interested in completing their IFoA Exams this role can offer a package of study support. However, while we think this would be a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge, this is not a mandatory requirement of this role.
You can find out more about why we think Hymans is a great place to work by visiting our Early Careers site!
While this role is based in our Glasgow office, we are supportive of hybrid working arrangements. We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from all persons.