We have excellent opportunities for a nearly or recently qualified Actuary to join our corporate consulting team, providing high quality actuarial and consulting services to our clients.
This role is suited to a committed individual looking to develop their corporate career, with a primary focus on working with Sponsoring Employers of UK defined benefit pension schemes. You will get exposure to a varied range of work that will allow you to grow and develop a career in areas that suit your own particular skills.
This role can be done from any of our office locations, however there would be an expectation for you to travel to clients mainly in England from time to time.
- Managing the delivery of multiple projects across a portfolio of clients and responsibilities, sometimes with demanding timescales, ensuring that work is done on time, within budget, and to a high standard. Where multiple services are provided, work across all practices to ensure that the same standards are met.
- Taking on a wide-ranging portfolio of work while developing client exposure and essential business skills.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with your clients and third parties. Proactively raising topical issues and new ideas with clients in conjunction with the Client Director.
- Preparing strategic advice for clients, including presentations and reports and attending meetings with clients. Areas of work include (but not limited to) scheme funding support, endgame planning, corporate transactions, company accounting work, corporate governance or benefit design.
- Developing experience in new business activities to grow the corporate business. This may also include exposure to new business opportunities in other service areas.
- Reviewing or checking actuarial calculations.
- There may also be opportunities to support clients and projects in other areas of the business (for example risk transfer, member options and governance, proposition development).
- Mentoring and supporting the development of less experienced members of the team.
- Working with your teams to ensure that client invoices are completed within internal deadlines and subject to internal procedures.
- Ensuring that appropriate scoping of work is carried out at the outset.
- Cascading all relevant information to the wider client team.
- Ensuring all work is undertaken in a rigorous, accurate and methodical manner.
- Ensuring comprehensive audit trails are maintained.
- Being aware of deadlines and planning work in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintaining a record of current status of all work requested in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Presenting work in a clear and understandable manner to clients and colleagues as requested.
- Liaising with client managers and team leaders if there are conflicting demands from clients.
- Working with colleagues when necessary on technical or client matters.
- Timely and careful time recording against appropriate client, matter and job codes.
- Adhering to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- First class interpersonal and client relationship management skills.
- First class organisational and communication abilities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting demands.
- Able to co-ordinate activity, and delegate effectively, amongst individual client teams and effectively manage upwards.
- Driven and motivated to develop actuarial career in a client focused consultancy.
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach in developing consultancy and management skills.
- Associate or Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent recognised actuarial qualification) or currently studying towards this with relevant pensions experience.
- Relevant pensions experience and an understanding of the legislative framework for UK pension schemes, commensurate with the level of experience in pensions actuarial work.
- Experience of working with Sponsoring Employers with their UK defined benefit pension schemes
- A sound grounding in actuarial and computer techniques.
Together, we’ve been building better futures for over 100 years. For our people, our clients and their people, our communities and the environment.
We thrive on tackling complex problems. And we believe those problems are best solved by diverse teams – diverse in skills, approaches and backgrounds. Our independence lets our people be themselves and think freely, while working in a collaborative, supportive environment. We love innovative, independent thinking and want everyone to share their ideas.
Working alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions, we offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. With over 1000 employees and counting, we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field and are proud to be recognised by numerous industry awards.
We’re committed to developing our people and encourage everyone to carve out their own career path. We’ve many colleagues who started out in one team in the business and have ended up somewhere completely different, having had the chance to develop new skills and explore new passions.
We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, which includes but isn’t limited to: age, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, marital or civil partnership status, neurodiversity, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds – home working as well as a fun, collaborative office environment – meaning flexible working patterns to accommodate individual needs.
If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
Together, we can make this the best job you’ll ever have.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply