As an actuarial consultant you will provide an efficient, high quality service to clients in the public sector, in particular, Administering Authorities to Local Government Pension Funds and employers who participate in these funds.
Your role will include leading and developing client accounts, focussing on the preparation and delivery of strategic advice to clients; winning work, exceptional people leadership with a focus on coaching and mentoring more junior members of your team and the ability to work with the wider market and a diverse range of stakeholders to the LGPS.
- Advisor to a portfolio of LGPS clients.
- Delivering high quality, expert actuarial advice employing strategic and innovative solutions
- Developing business – active involvement in client ‘prospecting’, relationship building and new business pitches
- Activities designed to build and enhance Actuarial Public business unit and firm’s profile
- Building and maintaining strong links with other areas of the business to facilitate joined up service delivery across Actuarial, Investment, Governance, Benefit Consulting and Project Management services provided to clients.
- Developing the consulting capabilities of others in your client teams via by coaching and mentoring
- Adhere to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures
- First class interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated in the ability to consult and influence successfully
- Flexible, pro-active and innovative approach to client solutions
- Articulate complex ideas and develop them into tangible offerings
- Coach and develop other professionals
- Consult with client contacts at senior/board level
- Recognise and facilitate business development
- A solid understanding of the legislative framework for UK pension schemes
- Strong commercial awareness of the pensions and employee benefits market
- A team player with a motivational, hands-on approach
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other Hymans Robertson offices
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate or Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent recognised actuarial qualification) or currently studying towards this with relevant pensions experience
- Performing a similarly senior role in a consultancy environment with public sector or private sector client experience.
Together, we’ve been building better futures for over 100 years. For our people, our clients and their people, our communities and the environment.
We thrive on tackling complex problems. And we believe those problems are best solved by diverse teams – diverse in skills, approaches and backgrounds. Our independence lets our people be themselves and think freely, while working in a collaborative, supportive environment. We love innovative, independent thinking and want everyone to share their ideas.
Working alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions, we offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. With over 1000 employees and counting, we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field and are proud to be recognised by numerous industry awards.
We’re committed to developing our people and encourage everyone to carve out their own career path. We’ve many colleagues who started out in one team in the business and have ended up somewhere completely different, having had the chance to develop new skills and explore new passions.
We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, which includes but isn’t limited to: age, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, marital or civil partnership status, neurodiversity, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds – home working as well as a fun, collaborative office environment – meaning flexible working patterns to accommodate individual needs.
If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
Together, we can make this the best job you’ll ever have.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply