As a corporate Actuarial Consultant you will provide an efficient, high-quality service to clients in the field of actuarial and wider benefit consulting in relation to clients’ employee benefits schemes. The primary focus is on Sponsoring Employers of UK defined benefit pension schemes.
Your role will include taking responsibility for your client accounts, focusing on the preparation and delivery of advice to clients; coaching and managing less experienced members of the team; and building relationships with key decision makers to develop the client account.
This role can be done from any of our office locations, however there would be an expectation for you to travel to clients mainly in England from time to time.
Key responsibilities will include
- Ensuring that work prepared by the team meets a high-quality standard of service for clients. Work collaboratively as part of the team in the preparation of advice including reviewing/checking calculations undertaken by more junior team members, and peer review of client work for other colleagues.
- Signing out work in your own name where applicable
- Inputting and reviewing strategic advice for corporate clients. Areas of work include (but not limited to) scheme funding support, corporate transactions, endgame planning, company accounting work, corporate governance or benefit design.
- Building strong relationships with your client at all levels as appropriate, ensuring that we have sufficient breadth and depth of relationships with the client in order to deliver our core services to the levels expected.
- Consulting with client contacts to agree budgets and deadlines for work, ensuring necessary service agreements are in place.
- Encouraging effective communication within client teams to support the delivery of work and understanding of client commercials.
- Preparing client invoices within the internal deadlines and subject to internal procedures.
Proactively contribute to the development of the firm through a combination of:
- understanding client needs to provide solutions and develop client accounts.
- undertaking project work or acting as champion for new service initiatives.
- prospecting for new opportunities and pitching for new business within our corporate proposition
- developing market-facing material and content
- participating in the management, mentoring and training of more junior staff.
- active participation in internal forums to provide input to the strategic direction of the firm; and
- contributing to the technical knowledge of the practice via continuing professional development and peer review of colleagues’ work.
- Develop internal and external networks.
- Provide leadership, role modelling and mentoring to all members of the client team, including helping to proactively identify and uncover client development opportunities and/or potential threats and weaknesses.
- Managing the delivery of our core services efficiently and in line with agreed utilisation and recovery objectives
- Prepare work that meets professional and internal requirements, seeking advice from colleagues whenever any doubt arises on technical or client matters. Present work in a clear and understandable manner to clients and colleagues as required.
- Contribute as required and adhere to the development of internal quality procedures in order to continually raise quality standards.
- Adhere to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for careful and timely time recording against appropriate client and job codes.
- Keep up to date with developments in pensions law and practice.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Associate or Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (or equivalent recognised actuarial qualification) or currently studying towards this with relevant pensions experience. Scheme Actuary certificate not required.
- Experience of working with Sponsoring Employers with their UK defined benefit pension schemes
- Have a good understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework for UK pension schemes
- Be able to undertake the actuarial calculations required
- Have some broader experience in areas such as valuation support, endgame planning, corporate accounting, corporate transactions, risk transfer and member options exercises.
- Have an understanding of related employee benefits issues in order to advise clients on strategy and liaise effectively with other disciplines within the Firm.
Together, we’ve been building better futures for over 100 years. For our people, our clients and their people, our communities and the environment.
We thrive on tackling complex problems. And we believe those problems are best solved by diverse teams – diverse in skills, approaches and backgrounds. Our independence lets our people be themselves and think freely, while working in a collaborative, supportive environment. We love innovative, independent thinking and want everyone to share their ideas.
Working alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions, we offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. With over 1000 employees and counting, we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field and are proud to be recognised by numerous industry awards.
We’re committed to developing our people and encourage everyone to carve out their own career path. We’ve many colleagues who started out in one team in the business and have ended up somewhere completely different, having had the chance to develop new skills and explore new passions.
We are continually working to improve our inclusive culture and employ diverse talent. We therefore welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, which includes but isn’t limited to: age, disability, ethnic heritage, gender, marital or civil partnership status, neurodiversity, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background.
Our hybrid working model offers the best of both worlds – home working as well as a fun, collaborative office environment – meaning flexible working patterns to accommodate individual needs.
If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
Together, we can make this the best job you’ll ever have.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply