So what might your role involve if you join us an actuarial trainee consultant in our Investment practice?
Investment advice is a key component of the range of consulting services that we offer our clients. Our investment practice is a market leader in the UK and we advise many household names. The practice comprises around 30 consultants supported by 40 investment and research analysts and spans three offices; Glasgow, Edinburgh and London.
Some of the areas that an actuarial trainee investment consultant might cover include:
- Working closley with scheme actuaries to help clients agree long-term objectives and targets, and devise plans for meeting those targets;
- Helping clients ascertain the appropriate level of investment risk to be taken in their scheme, to help address scheme deficits;
- Advising clients on the appropriate structure for their investment portfolio, considering the full range of asset classes and the impact of financial markets and the economy;
- Working with DC clients to ascertain the appropriate investment options for scheme members;
- Researching investment managers/approaches/products to ensure we can advise on those that best fit our clients’ needs;
Our actuarial trainee consultants typically support all areas of the advice given by our investment consultants and are often the day to day contact point for our clients. In addition, there are often opportunities to get involved in a range of research projects.
Investing in you
As an actuarial trainee consultant with us, you’ll be a valuable member of the team from day one. Your success is an absolute priority for us and we are committed to making the appropriate investment in you.
We want to help you achieve your professional actuarial qualification at a pace that is right for you. So, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive training and exam package that you can tailor for yourself. We’ll also offer you time off for study, mentoring from a senior colleague, and membership of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.