2020 XPS Pensions Actuarial Graduate roles now open for applications!
Reading, Leeds, Guildford, Wokingham, Birmingham, London
If you are looking for an exciting and fulfilling career that provides a consistent challenge…
If you are looking for a business that will provide training, offer a clear career path and equip you with the skills for a successful future…
XPS Pensions Group is the place for you.
We recruit graduates each year, as it is important to our business to grow and develop this talent. You will work alongside qualified actuaries and other actuarial students at our offices and will be exposed to a variety of real client issues from the start. You will become a valuable member of a motivated, supportive and sociable team.
With us, you will develop analytical and communication skills which you will need in order to build a successful career in a challenging field. XPS Pensions Group offers an excellent study package to support their employees as they study to become qualified actuaries.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an independent self-starter with a good academic record, strong communication skills and the potential to deliver excellent service to our clients.
You will have, or be working towards, a good honours degree ideally in maths, economics or a science-based subject. However, we encourage applicants from all background to apply. Of equal importance as academic ability is self-confidence, communication and organisational skills.
In addition our graduates are:
- Passionate about working in the actuarial consultancy field
- Excellent communicators – bother verbally and in their written work
- Confident in expressing their views
- Hard working, dedicated and able to take responsibility for their work
- Effective organisers and have the ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Proactive in their attitude and are quick to learn
- Careful in their work and have a keen attention to detail
- Actively interested in the wider financial and political landscape.
As the largest purely pension consulting and administration firm in the UK we have benefits of scale, yet remain agile, able to respond quickly as the world shifts around our clients. Being the only UK Pensions specialist listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market we have the flexibility to think and act differently.
We are actuaries, consultants and administrators working to protect and enhance the benefits of hundreds of thousands of pension scheme members with 1,200 staff across 15 UK locations.
We provide a positive working environment with an emphasis on training and development and we put relationship at the very heart of our business. You can expect an exiting and fulfilling career in a growing business and an industry that provides a consistent challenge.
Your ambition is our ambition.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, the shared spirit that makes us one team. Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, it’s the way you do it that makes you XPS.
You will be expected to be:
- Helpful, and
- Do the right thing
We will pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances. Your reward package will typically include: participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme, holiday entitlement, pension options, life assurance, season ticket loans, XPS Lifestyle and XPS Rewards.
We offer an attractive reward package, typical benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
It is XPS policy that an appointment is conditional on the following requirements and will be withdrawn without compensation if any of these conditions are not satisfied:
- Employment references (FIVE years)
- Employment gap verification (Greater than 1 month)
- Adverse financial history (Detailed)
- Identity verification and Right to Work confirmation
- Basic DBS Disclosure (online process through DDC)
- Retro employment checks every 2 years
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Please note we reserve the right to close our vacancies early.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply