About the Company
XPS Pensions Group is the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, specialising in pensions actuarial, investment consulting and administration, with revenues of over £110 million. We are the only UK pensions specialist listed on the FTSE. With over 1,200 staff in 15 UK locations, our business combines expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of both pension trustees and sponsoring companies for over 1,200 pension schemes, undertaking pensions administration for over 800,000 scheme members.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, the shared spirit that makes us one team. Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, it’s the way you do it that makes you XPS. You will be expected to be:
- Helpful, and
- Do the right thing
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Leeds Actuarial Team for a 9 – 12 month placement.
Main duties and responsibilities
Providing general support to the Actuarial Team, including carrying out tasks such as individual member calculations, scheme valuations and asset / liability modelling. Full training will be provided during the course of the placement by the Actuarial Team.
The successful candidate would need to be based near the Leeds office, or be willing and able to commute easily throughout the course of the placement.
- Interested in a career in actuarial work in a pensions consultancy and available for 9 – 12 month placement beginning in summer 2019 (dates to be agreed).
- Good GCSEs and A-Level results (including an A at A-Level maths).
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to take on responsibility.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Happy working as part of a team as well as individually.
- Expecting to graduate in 2021 with a 2:1 or above in a numerate degree.
How to apply
Please apply by clicking below and sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
Your covering letter should include the following points:
- Why are you applying for a year in industry role in pensions actuarial?
- Why are you considering a role in the XPS Leeds office?
The closing date for applications is Friday 29 March 2019.
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.