About the Company
XPS Pensions Group is the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, specialising in pensions actuarial, investment consulting and administration, with revenues of over £110 million. We are the only UK pensions specialist listed on the FTSE.
With over 900 staff in 15 UK locations, our business combines expertise, insight and technology to address the needs of both pension trustees and sponsoring companies for over 1,200 pension schemes and undertakes pensions administration for over 600,000 scheme members.
About the role
XPS Pensions Group recruits graduates each year to join our actuarial training program, as it is important to our business to grow and develop this talent. You will work alongside qualified actuaries and other actuarial students at our offices and will be exposed to a variety of real client issues from the start. You will become a valuable member of a motivated, supportive and sociable team.
XPS Pensions Group is small enough to provide an innovative and stimulating atmosphere to its employees but still offering the benefits associated with working for a larger company. With us, you will develop analytical and communication skills which you will need in order to build a successful career in a challenging field.
In addition, you’ll be studying for your actuarial exams. We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way – XPS Pensions Group offers an excellent study package to support you as become a qualified actuary. We currently have an opportunity in our Reading, Leeds, Guildford and Wokingham offices.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an independent self-starter with a good academic record, strong communication skills and the potential to deliver excellent service to our clients.
You will have, or be working towards, a good honours degree ideally in maths, economics or a science-based subject. However, we encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Of equal importance to academic ability is self-confidence, communication and organisational skills.
In addition our graduates are:
- Passionate about working in the actuarial consultancy field
- Excellent communicators – both verbally and in their written work
- Confident expressing their views
- Hard working, dedicated and able to take responsibility for their work
- Effective organisers and have the ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Proactive in their attitude and are quick to learn
- Careful in their work and have a keen attention to detail
- Actively interested in the wider financial and political landscape
What XPS will offer you
We recognise how critical you are to us.
We will accelerate your development through on-the-job training and support for your professional qualification. You will be involved in a wide range of client work from day one and will quickly take ownership of tasks and projects.
You can use your technical skills to develop innovative solutions. We will give you client exposure at an early stage so you can use your communication skills. You’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing debate we have about what we’re doing with our clients, thereby helping influence our future direction.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances. Your reward package will typically include:
- Competitive salary
- Participation in Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme to support you in and out of work, helping you look after you and your family covering Security & Protection, Health & Wellbeing, Lifestyle
- Life Assurance cover
- XPS Rewards (offers discounts and savings from retailers and services providers as well as offers available via phone)
- Interest free season ticket loan
Timeline for applications
- Applications open: midday on Monday 24th September to midday on Friday 2nd November 2018
- Telephone interviews take place: Monday 15th October to Friday 16th November 2018
- Invites to assessment centre go out from week commencing Monday 12th November 2018
- Assessment centre dates*: Wednesday 21st November and Wednesday 28th November 2018
*Please note: Our assessment centre lasts for a full day, includes a compulsory evening dinner and candidates should attend the whole event.
XPS Pensions Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages application from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Please mention Actuarial Careers when applying to XPS Pensions Group.