Our data services span a range of clients with different UK pension administration systems and our solutions are either delivered within the team, across several areas of the WTW business or in partnership with specialist external suppliers.
We have an increasing demand for individuals who understand the legacy Defined Benefit pension environment and the way that member data is held and processed by pension administrators. We have a need for individuals with technical expertise to help develop and implement technical solutions for a wide range of clients. The candidate will be client facing and will work closely with the Data Solutions management and technical leads. They will be responsible for delivering quality Data Solutions services for our clients and will play a leading role in a range of technical projects, taking responsibility for successful delivery and implementation of the work.
- Take on the responsibilities of a client facing project lead as required, working directly with our customers to understand business requirements and the data solutions required to meet these objectives.
- Deliver advice and a range of deliverables to Pension Managers, Trustee boards and other key client contacts; liaising across a variety of seniority levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Engage collaboratively with the Data Solutions leads and team members to deliver quality services for clients.
- Prepare detailed action plans and strategies that meet the client’s key requirements
- Help improve processes and deliverables for existing Data Solutions service lines
- Have regular and effective contact with administrators of all levels, suppliers, third party organisations and clients
We would expect the candidate to be effective crossing over from client consulting to business development as needed and show aptitude and keenness to further develop their commercial skills. Plus to be able to give close attention to the financial areas of our business by virtue of clear scoping, management of time and budgets and adherence to approved billing practices. From a business perspective you will work with Data Solutions management to promote best practices and new ideas within the data solutions team on a written or verbal basis. In this role you will address client needs with a sharp business focus that helps maintain profitability and quality throughout the project life cycle and be self-motivated to meet hard deadlines on multiple client projects within a fast moving environment working closely with our dedicated project managers.
What can we offer you?
The opportunity to develop a broad range of skills, working in a fast-growing business alongside a diverse, dynamic and collaborative team. In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including; a pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, eye care vouchers and flexible benefits including critical illness cover, dental cover and many other options.
Please note that while the successful candidate can select any of our main GB locations as their office base, WTW offers flexible working opportunities and part-time working.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
- An ability to tailor delivery of complex or technical materials to the audience; ensuring that key issues are presented in a clear, concise and confident manner
- A proven track record in developing and managing several opportunities and projects simultaneously
- A demonstrable focus on client satisfaction, balanced with business needs
- Comfortable taking a proactive role to ensure client satisfaction through project work and willingness to grow new and existing client relationships
- Experience in leading and presenting at client meetings
- Experience in owning key financial areas of projects including pricing, scoping and billing
- Advanced knowledge of UK Pension Scheme provisions and legislation
- Knowledge of the role of the pensions administrator and the common UK administration systems
- A good working knowledge of data auditing, cleansing and GMP reconciliations preferable.
- A good understanding of manual benefit calculations and processes
- A firm commitment to delivering high quality service.
- Inquisitive, self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.