We are looking for an experienced Capital and Risk Actuary/Analyst to join WTW as a consultant in our general insurance practice within the wider UK Insurance Consulting and Technology (“ICT”) line of business to help us develop our market-leading risk and capital proposition working with adjacent areas, including Reserving, Pricing, and Capital colleagues from our EMEA, Asia Pacific, and US offices.
We are looking to grow our UK non-life Capital team through hiring high-quality insurance practitioners with the experience and skills to provide market-leading solutions to our clients. Depending on your level of experience, you would join our team as a Consultant or Analyst.
- You will deliver high-quality work for our broad set of clients working with our existing team of capital, risk, and exposure management specialists.
- You will have immediate exposure to a variety of client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to interpret data, apply your insurance market experience, draw conclusions, and present results.
- With appropriate support (depending on your experience), you will be expected to manage projects from conception through to delivery, including managing client communications and junior colleagues working on the projects, as well as providing client-ready work for senior colleague review.
- In addition to client engagements, you will have the opportunity to lead or contribute to UK, European or global initiatives, working to develop and deliver innovative and commercially important work streams.
- There will be the opportunity to work closely with our market-leading Reserving team on our wide range of reserving offerings including independent reserve reviews and process transformation and automation.
- You will also have the opportunity to work with our growing team of pricing, underwriting and claims experts in this area as we look to broaden out our client offering.
- Take an active role within client relationship management when required.
- Recognise the importance of intellectual capital and working with others to prioritise this appropriately.
You will be given training and support as required in order to thrive in the areas which interest you, enabling you to build a rich and rewarding career in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
- Non-Life Insurance background, with capital modelling, risk or validation experience as a minimum
- Strong knowledge of London Market or Commercial Lines classes with significant working knowledge of capital modelling techniques from an insurance firm or consultancy
- An interest and aptitude for developing new ideas and techniques
- Able to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues
- Ability to write client deliverables/reports in a clear, concise, and appropriate style
- Proven project management, task prioritisation, delegation, and time management skills
- Either part or fully qualified actuary (FIA or equivalent) or experience working in this role
- Experience of using market-leading Capital software: Igloo
- Availability to travel to our UK offices or client site on an as-needed basis
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices. Inclusion creates an environment where diversity can thrive.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution. You can expect your normal in-office interactions to be located in one of our London, Reigate or Cambridge offices.