We are looking for an experienced pricing practitioner, with essential experience in the London Market (including case pricing) to join WTW as a London Market Pricing Actuarial Consultant. You will join our general insurance practice within the wider UK Insurance Consulting and Technology (“ICT”) line of business to help us develop our pricing advisory capability and work with some of the market’s top thought leaders designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions to pricing and underwriting challenges faced by the world’s leading commercial insurers.
In your role you will be helping our clients by:
- Leading a project team to deliver client projects
- Optimising their London Market pricing strategies and approaches
- Delivering pricing and underwriting capability reviews and pricing transformation engagements
- Helping to build effective London Market pricing models, tools and processes
- Designing sophisticated MI and portfolio management capabilities
- Leveraging your market knowledge in developing cutting edge solutions for London Market pricing in collaboration with various teams from across WTW
- Bringing innovative data enrichment ideas to harness pricing insights and providing support with their implementation.
- To build a market profile as a representative and advocate of WTW London Market pricing consulting services and software tools
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Actively seek to be involved in a variety of work to ensure a broad skill set (technical, management and client) is maintained and developed
- Interface with colleagues from other practices and regions on assignments that reflect the client’s broader business issues
- Demonstrate commitment to WTW’s professional standards in managing analyses and in communications with clients
- To develop new relevant propositions or to enhance current propositions in London Market pricing leveraging WTW’s toolset and broader pricing intellectual property and resources
- Lead or contribute to the development of the company’s intellectual capital including plans for taking this to market
- Have a desire to establish and enhance a public reputation in a chosen specialism through the production of articles and presentations
Financial and business development
- Meet goals for billable hours and intellectual capital development
- Develop and present proposals to potential clients, demonstrating the economic value of the company’s offerings
- Use contacts within current network to obtain introductions to new contacts; work to develop supporters for company’s products and services
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Serve as a manager and mentor to more junior associates training them on the specificities of the London Market, including processes, systems and market operations.
- Relevant demonstrable experience in a Commercial Lines pricing or portfolio management role in a London Market insurance firm or consultancy advising London Market clients on pricing and underwriting, may be a nearly or newly qualified actuary (FIA/FFA or equivalent)
- Prior experience of building exposure, experience and stochastic models including fluency of using first loss curves and increased limit factors.
- An advocate for the development of analytical approaches and the adoption of new techniques
- Advocate for the value of data enrichment in commercial lines pricing and underwriting
- Exposure to machine learning or big data techniques beneficial
- Solid experience with data manipulation packages (SAS, SQL, WPS, etc.)
- Experience or interest in selling projects to insurance / financial institutions
- A track record in innovation and creativity delivering realised revenue enhancements
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work within ambiguity
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Enjoy training / mentoring junior staff
- The ability to see the “big picture”, leveraging the resources of related practices to address the clients’ business challenges
- Availability to travel on an as needed basis, domestically and internationally
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools, and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of at home and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.