Corporate Risk and Broking
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Strategic Risk Consulting
Strategic Risk Consulting (SRC) is a part of the wider Risk & Analytics division within Corporate Risk and Broking, which provides an integrated approach to risk management in the current complex global business environment. SRC is a diverse team, with a global footprint and consists of actuaries, engineers, natural catastrophe modelers and enterprise risk management specialists. SRC helps companies identify, quantify, and prioritize their major risks, and connect risk management choices to corporate financial performance.
You will be a Lead Actuarial Analyst providing high quality consulting and technical services to our corporate clients across the world, collaborating with colleagues across our global hubs. The ideal candidate will be involved in all our core activities as well as R&D, product development, sales and business development.
P&C Pricing and Optimisation:
- Helping clients optimize their insurance strategy by ensuring the price they pay is optimum for the level of risk being transferred
- Constructing forward looking actuarial loss forecast models for corporations across all geographies and industries
- Produce strategic recommendations based on model results to help clients manage their risk more effectively
Capital Modelling and Solvency II:
- Provide an impartial view of the profitability and financial strength of captive insurers.
- Collaboratively contribute to the risk management function of these Captive Insurers and review their Solvency Capital Requirements (SCR) periodically.
- Assist in developing assumptions and challenging them where required, to ensure a robust risk management framework.
- Support ongoing compliance with regulations and timely completion of regulatory returns.
- Work collaboratively with fellow colleagues to produce reserving analysis for both our corporate and captive insurance clients
- Produce client deliverables / reports in a clear, concise and appropriate style.
In addition to the core activities described above, the candidate will also be expected to assist with ad-hoc projects which could include, but are not limited to:
- Bespoke modelling
- Development of modelling tools
- Assisting with client pitches and Request for Proposals (RfPs)
- Researching prospects and markets
- Mathematics or related discipline degree level
- Commitment to pursuing actuarial qualifications under the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)
- Demonstrable experience working in an actuarial role within the General Insurance market
- The ability to work well in a team and manage deadlines
- Client acumen
- Intellectual curiosity to deliver insightful analysis to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in one of R/R Shiny, Python, Power BI is desirable
- Experience in using WTW software such as Igloo or ResQ will be beneficial
Equal opportunity employer
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools, and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution. You can expect your normal in-office interactions to be located in either London or Ipswich.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices.
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.