The WTW Transactions team advises trustees and companies on their de-risking strategy and advises on the implementation of longevity hedging transactions (buy-ins, buyouts and longevity swaps) as well as evolving propositions in this area, including superfund transactions and third-party capital solutions.
Overview of the role:
WTW’s Transactions team advises clients on transactions ranging in size from £1m to £16bn. Our team has experience of successfully completing over 750 pension de-risking transfer transactions, and is at the forefront of this market, having led the advice on around 35% of pension risk transfer over 2020 – 2022. Our team prides itself on its history of being a driver for innovation in the market. We work across the market with bulk annuity deals led over 2023 (to date) ranging from below £2m up to the largest bulk annuity transaction of 2023 for RSA, the 1st external deal for M&G, multiple longevity swaps (including the largest) as well as being at the forefront of the emerging superfund market.
We have an increasing demand for individuals to support our continued growth in this market, as a result, we are looking for a Director to join our team. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of our transactions services with a focus on increasing the volume of de-risking transactions led by WTW whilst maintaining our reputation for client-focused consulting.
Working closely with the relevant market and Line of Business leaders within both WTW’s retirement and investment advisory teams the candidate will be responsible for winning appointments and delivery of de-risking transactions.
Building relationships across our clients and target market organisations will be key, along with raising the profile of WTW in this area.
The role includes:
- Developing business from both WTW’s existing client base and from prospects.
- Leading and implementing de-risking transactions (buy-ins, buyouts, longevity swaps, superfund transfers, and other capital backed journey plans).
- Initiating and participating in a client’s overall risk management planning and strategy.
- Ensuring an efficient and customer centric delivery of de-risking projects.
- Organising relevant sales campaigns and marketing efforts around longevity hedging.
- Developing relationships at all levels across WTW, clients and market participants.
- Working collaboratively within the team of transactions specialists in order to ensure excellent project delivery at all times.
- Building and developing our consulting tools and solutions.
The essential skills/experience for this role are:
- Actuarial background or similar significant, relevant technical experience
- Proven experience of the delivery of successfully completed bulk annuity transactions (and / or longevity swaps)
- Credible in front of clients with a track record of delivering bulk annuity transactions
- Understanding of bulk annuities from a negotiation, contracting and delivery perspective
- Understanding of the tender, pricing and installation processes for bulk annuity transactions
- Understanding of post buy-in experience and move to buyout
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the client-facing environment
- Possesses an interest in longevity risk and the evolving de-risking market
Other highly desirable skills/experience are:
- Credibility with the bulk annuity providers
- Experience of implementation of longevity swaps would be beneficial but not essential.
What can we offer you?
The opportunity to develop a broad range of skills, working in a growing business alongside a diverse, dynamic, collaborative and market-leading team.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our “Work Styles” structure allows you to choose the option which best suits you. The structure is grounded in the trust which we place in all colleagues and has flexibility as its core. Most colleagues have selected the hybrid option, which offers a flexible mix of working from home and in the office, choosing your location to match your plans for each day, for example attending the office for client meetings and personal development. You can also benefit from flexible working opportunities, such as part-time working, and will have control over your work-life balance.
As part of our national resourcing approach, you will be able to select any of the following GB locations as your office base: London, Reigate, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol and Edinburgh. While you will be part of the local team you will also benefit from the opportunity to work on client teams and with colleagues from other offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.Visit Website for More Information and to Apply