You will be joining WTW as a technical pensions consultant with experience working on core UK defined benefit pensions actuarial work and with a preference for a more technically-focussed, non-consulting role.
As part of our national resourcing approach, you will be able to select any of the following GB locations as your office base: London, Reigate, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol and Edinburgh. While you will be part of the local team you will also benefit from the opportunity to work on client teams and with colleagues from other offices.
Our “Work Styles” structure allows you to choose the option which best suits you. The structure is grounded in the trust which we place in all colleagues and has flexibility as its core. Most colleagues have selected the hybrid option, which offers a flexible mix of working from home and in the office, choosing your location to match your plans for each day, for example attending the office for client meetings and personal development. You can also benefit from flexible working opportunities, such as part-time working, and will have control over your work-life balance.
Why you should work for WTW
- As a technical pensions consultant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the exciting growth strategy of the strongly performing GB Retirement practice.
- WTW has more than 150 years of experience in UK actuarial consulting. Our unrivalled client base, of over 400 corporate and over 300 trustee clients of varying size and complexity, including some of the very largest in the industry, provides boundless opportunities for creativity and innovation and the opportunity to work on both trustee and corporate assignments.
- WTW is truly a market leader. To give just two examples, we advised on the first longevity swap for a UK pension scheme and pioneered the new Collective DC benefit structure: we are scheme actuary to the UK’s first CDC scheme.
- You will be working within a supportive team of diverse colleagues, including some of the leading figures in the pensions industry. We look to our consultants to increase efficiency and improve processes while providing customised solutions for our clients.
- Consultants at WTW benefit from all the resources and opportunities that a large company can provide, but this doesn’t come at the cost of individuality. We encourage and support our colleagues to tailor their roles to match their passions, strengths and aspirations. We provide extensive development opportunities, as well as the high-quality training you would expect from a market-leading employer. Client and internal roles are advertised on a weekly online noticeboard, giving colleagues the opportunity to pursue the career which works for them, for example becoming a specialist in a particular technical area or becoming a people manager.
- Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices. Inclusion creates the environment where diversity can thrive.
Summary of Requirements
- Experience of core UK defined benefit actuarial work.
- Likely to have made some progression towards Fellowship of the IFoA, being either fully qualified, an Associate, CAA qualified or started the exams and decided not to progress.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Proven experience of project management of large teams and projects.
- Proven delegation skills and a desire to coach and mentor junior associates.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise your own tasks and project manage small teams and projects.
- Ability to work both independently and in client teams.
- Sense of accountability: owning your work and taking pride in it.
- Self-starter: interest in continually challenging yourself and willingness to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how work fits into the broader landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.