We are looking for an experienced reserving actuary to join WTW as a consultant in our general insurance practice within the wider UK Insurance Consulting and Technology (“ICT”) line of business. The successful applicant will help us further develop our reserving practice and contribute to adjacent areas, including capital and pricing.
You will work alongside some of the market’s top thought leaders on both client engagements and intellectual property development projects, primarily across our market-leading reserving offerings. You will also have exposure to, and the opportunity to be involved in, other cutting-edge propositions.
We are looking to grow our UK non-life reserving team through hiring high-quality insurance practitioners with the experience and skills to provide market-leading solutions to our clients. Depending on your level of experience, you would join our team as an Associate Director or Senior Consultant.
- You will lead the delivery of high quality work in line with agreed deadlines for our broad set of clients including Lloyd’s managing agencies, multinational (re)insurers, UK and European domestic insurers and niche market players, working with our existing team of reserving specialists.
- Your client engagements will include independent reserve reviews as well as some/all of our other reserving offerings including process transformation & automation, methodology reviews, ResQ implementations, M&A due diligence, outsourced reserving functions, IFRS17 and Solvency II engagements. The mix between these will depend on your experience and interests, balanced against the relative client demand.
- You will have immediate exposure to a variety of client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your technical reserving expertise, ability to interpret data, apply your insurance market experience, draw conclusions and present model results.
- In addition to client engagements, you will also have the opportunity to lead or contribute to UK, European or global thought leadership initiatives, working to develop and deliver innovative and commercially important work streams, including advanced analytics and reserving transformation.
- With appropriate support (depending on your experience), you will be expected to manage projects or substantial work streams from conception through to delivery, including managing client communications and junior colleagues working on the projects, as well as providing client-ready work for Director/Senior Director review.
- You will contribute to business development through establishing and maintaining relationships with client contacts, contributing to proposals and/or speaking at WTW or external events.
- You will contribute to people and team development through line management, mentoring, recruitment and/or leading training sessions.
- You will also have the opportunity to work with our teams of capital, risk, exposure management, pricing, portfolio management, underwriting, finance and claims experts as part of our broader offering to clients.
You will be given training and support as required in order to thrive in the areas which interest you, enabling you to build a rich and rewarding career in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
- Non-life insurance background, with extensive reserving experience
- Strong knowledge of London Market or Commercial Lines classes with significant experience in a reserving or mixed role at an insurance firm or consultancy
- Ability to write client deliverables/reports in a clear, concise and appropriate style
- Experience presenting results, including communicating key uncertainties, to senior colleagues or clients
- Ability to see the “big picture”, leveraging the resources of related practices to address clients’ business challenges
- Proven project management, task prioritisation, delegation and time management skills
- Personable, approachable and enthusiastic team player
- Qualified actuary (FIA or equivalent) or experience working in this role
- Availability to travel to our UK offices or client site on an as needed basis
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices. Inclusion creates the environment where diversity can thrive.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution. You can expect your normal in-office interactions to be located in one of our London, Reigate or Cambridge offices.