Great opportunity to join our pensions data solutions team which is a team of software, data and actuarial experts, who provide an insight into those areas where deficiencies in member data quality may impede our clients ability to achieve their strategic goal.
As a growing team, we are recruiting experienced Defined Benefit pensions professionals to join us as a Senior Pensions Data Specialist to deliver various data projects to our clients, including data audits, data cleanse, GMP rectification and constructing pensions. A lot of projects centre around the GMP journey at the current time but we also focus on data projects for other purposes e.g. transactions, dashboards, other rectifications.
Creating and working with bulk calculations and directing and reviewing work done by others, you will also take responsibility for successful delivery of the work and be able to communicate technical issues in a clear way to a broad audience. It is expected that you will be highly numerate with good analytical skills and be very comfortable with using modern software and ideally have a keen interest in programming and developing technological solutions for the benefit of our clients.
In addition you will have good organisation skills and demonstrate core project management behaviours to complement their technical expertise. Some experience in pension correction and rectification exercises is advantageous as well as more advanced data auditing and cleansing all elements of Pension data.
Our work style
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of remote, in-person and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution.
We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and WTW offers flexible working opportunities and part-time working.
Office location: This role can be based out of either our London, Reigate, Bristol, Birmingham. Manchester, Leeds or Edinburgh office.
- A proven track record in delivering multiple projects and/or workstreams to set deadlines
- Strong knowledge and experience of UK DB Pension arrangements, including experience of auditing pension scheme data, cleansing pension scheme data and GMP projects
- A strong understanding of manual benefit calculations and processes
- Experienced in creating bulk solutions to correct data or carry out pension scheme calculations
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- A clear, concise and confident communicator of complex or technical issues relating to UK pensions and member data to a broad audience
- Experience in developing close working relationships with clients and/or external third parties, or suppliers
- Proven delegation skills and a natural desire to coach and mentor junior associates
- A firm commitment to delivering high quality service.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and propose solutions, as well as identify risks and issues
- An ability to foster and support the delivery of projects within a team environment
- Foundation level SQL skills – specify and configure SQL reports to interrogate data and then present findings
- Inquisitive, self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
- Experience of pension administration systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.