We are looking for an enthusiastic and analytical individual, with good coding experience and a keen interest in developing solutions, to join WTW as an Automation and Transformation Consultant. You will join our UKI P&C practice as part of our wider Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to apply automation technology skills and software development in a practical business environment.
You will benefit from working alongside over 100 insurance practitioners who have expertise across numerous and varied markets, geographies and disciplines and some of the market’s top thought leaders on process transformation projects, client engagements and internal product development. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with our technology team who are responsible for developing some of the most innovative and widely used non-life actuarial software in the market including ResQ, Igloo and Radar.
Our proposition operates in the “Finance Transformation” / “Business Process Excellence” space to help our clients use technology and leading-edge software to optimise their processes and transform their actuarial & finance businesses. You will be involved in the development and delivery of cutting-edge automation propositions for insurance company clients in the UK, Continental Europe and the Middle East.
In your role you will be helping our broad range of clients by:
- Developing and delivering automated solutions for clients through undertaking substantial work streams in process transformation projects, working with project leaders to understand overall priorities.
- Being a technical authority in solution design and integration, taking a key role in driving forwards our actuarial software transformation projects with our clients.
- Demonstrating the importance of intellectual capital and innovation; proactively identifying innovation opportunities in new technologies, tools and processes to improve the service we deliver clients.
- Acting as a technical specialist for the team, overseeing all scripting used in implementing software solutions (e.g. writing of Python scripts to meet our client’s needs).
- Developing new relevant propositions and enhancing current transformation propositions leveraging WTW’s toolset and broader intellectual property and resources
- Managing or contributing to the development of the company’s intellectual capital including plans for taking this to market
- Collaborating with a wide variety of colleagues within the organisation to ensure WTW provides the best solutions to our clients needs and suggests new or different ways of solving problems.
- Working collaboratively on a range of projects / internal responsibilities and managing priorities appropriately.
- A degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science / Programming or a related field
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language (preferably Python, C# and SQL). (Experience of using Power BI would be highly desirable but not essential
- Enthusiasm for independently learning new coding skills and optimising existing scripts and automated processes
- A track record in innovation and creativity delivering realised process enhancements
- Evidenced working knowledge of P&C insurance, and/or actuarial techniques gained from working within an actuarial or finance team within insurance
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent project management skills, task prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand business applications and develop innovative technical solutions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to see the “big picture”, leveraging the resources of related practices to address clients’ business challenges
- Proactive, energetic, and can demonstrate being a “safe pair of hands”
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous working experience in solution architecture or experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into functional design specifications, preferably in an Agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of coding practices
- Experience of using Power BI
- You may be working towards an actuarial qualification FIA/FFA or equivalent and WTW will support you with the relevant study policy, however, an actuarial qualification is not essential for the requirements of the role
Equal Opportunity Employer
At WTW, we believe difference makes us stronger. We want our workforce to reflect the different and varied markets we operate in and to build a culture of inclusivity that makes colleagues feel welcome, valued and empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive work environment throughout our organisation. We embrace all types of diversity.
Irrespective of which office you join, you will be part of the wider WTW community. Our inclusion networks include Gender Equity, LGBT+, Multicultural, Workability and Young Professionals and our Corporate Social Responsibility group champions social and charitable activities in our local communities. These groups are at the heart of how we engage and inspire colleagues in our offices.
At WTW, we trust you to know your work and the people, tools, and environment you need to be successful. The majority of our colleagues work in a ”hybrid” style, with a mix of at home and in-office interactions dependent on the needs of the team, role and clients. Our flexibility is rooted in trust and “hybrid” is not a one-size-fits-all solution. This role will be based in London with an expectation to work 2-3 days per week in the London office. We will require flexibility from the successful candidate to travel between client sites as necessary.