Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals. Our two year Foundational Development Programme is unique in the industry and offered to all our graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
This foundational programme is part of a world class Learning Academy that supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
- Analysis for input into client pitches and meetings
- Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models
- Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications
- Assisting with actuarial benchmark creation and other long-term projects
- Building pricing models for client use and pricing indications
- Developing expertise in using Willis Towers Watson proprietary Financial Modelling and Reinsurance Optimisation software
- Participating in client meetings
- Travel as required
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts, which include some of the largest, multinational companies in the world.
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication, negotiation and all-round commercial awareness.
**For this role, fluency in Spanish is required**
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, with a high degree of competence in MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Desire to sit Actuarial exams
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
The Bigger Picture
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online Application
Stage 2: Online Testing
Stage 3: Video Interview
Stage 4: 1 Day Assessment Centre
Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the beginning of September, 2019
You will be notified on your progress throughout the process
Note however that Willis Re runs its graduate application process and recruitment on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply early
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
As a Graduate Broker in our LATAM team, you will be therefore be immersed in all aspects of front line broking work for our Latin America & Caribbean insurance clients from early in your career.