We are hiring for our brilliant Trainee Actuary scheme here at Unum. You would be joining a really talented team of Actuaries, have the opportunity to rotate through our Actuarial Teams and be supported on your journey. You will get to work on some really interesting projects and be joining at an exciting time as the business embarks on a ambitious growth journey.
We are planning an assessment day on 6th December 2022 in our Dorking office. Please let us know as soon as possible if you will be unable to attend, we will try to make other arrangements in this case.
What you will be doing
- You will move between functions to develop experience in the different Actuarial activities carried out.
- Find better ways of performing the team’s work and then make recommendations and successfully implement if the changes are approved.
- To own Actuarial work, understand the broader business implications and develop insight into those tasks and their outcomes.
- To pursue opportunities to liaise with the broader business and to develop the ability to communicate confidently and effectively on technical topics
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or subject with a strong mathematical/statistical element
- Highly numerate with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail and figures.
- Strong internship or equivalent work experience
- IT literate with experience in using packages including Word and Excel and be willing to learn further skills, including programming languages
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with and lead teams, ensuring excellent levels of verbal and written communication at all times
- Ability to work under pressure, managing own time to meet tight deadlines and managing competing and conflicting demands within your workload
- Motivated, enthusiastic and curious
Why join us?
Our culture. We aim to be the most inclusive, diverse and socially responsible company in the employee benefits market. We want to be a place where people aspire to work and where everyone can be themselves.
The Actuarial Teams are based in Dorking and we like to get together once or twice a week as a team.
We have a number of the team who already work flexibly so please talk to us if this is something you would prefer.
- Focus on the health and wellbeing of our employees
- Work-life balance that suits you
- Salary increases based upon exam success
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Fully supported study programme that covers the cost of exams, materials and allows time off to prepare for exams
- 27 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- 24/7 health support services (including a remote GP)
- Electric car scheme
- Opportunity to participate in charitable events