Go Beyond. At Towers Watson, we are more than individuals. We are a community focused on helping our colleagues and clients thrive and succeed.
Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organisations improve performance through effective people, financial and risk management. With 14,000 associates around the world, we offer solutions in the areas of benefits, talent management, rewards, and risk and capital management.
Towers Watson is a preeminent developer of risk and financial modelling software, with over 400 clients worldwide. We combine the technical innovation and engineering expertise of our software professionals with the actuarial knowledge and thought leadership of our insurance consulting business to provide solutions that help clients’ measure value, manage risk and safeguard solvency.
Towers Watson’s software solutions support insurance companies and other businesses that require sophisticated and auditable modelling and analytics processes as they confront volatile markets and regulatory changes driven by Solvency II, Principle-Based Approaches and Sarbanes-Oxley. Our software solutions underpin a variety of activities, ranging from asset-liability modelling, pricing and reserving, through to economic capital aggregation and allocation.
As a Software Engineer you will contribute to the evolutionary development of advanced analytics and decision support software across all aspects of the development lifecycle.
This is a varied role – from enhancing and refactoring software architecture and developing new components, to working on completely new products along with participation in wider technical continuous improvement activities. This is all done within small agile teams that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software.
As a minimum when applying you should meet our entry criteria:
- 2:1 Degree expected and300 UCAS points (across 3 ‘A’ levels or equivalent)
- Degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics
It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
- Experienced in the breadth of the software development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work from architecture decisions to system level testing
- Experience of writing software in an object oriented mainstream language (C#, C++, Java)
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies
- Appreciation of algorithm and software performance
Sound Interesting? If this sounds exciting to you, then plan to Go Beyond at Towers Watson by clicking on the button below for more information and to apply