Love being part of a team which makes a difference?
Maybe you have been searching for that ‘next step’ in your career to get the wider exposure you’ve been craving?
Want to work in a start-up environment with the security of a 14-year-old company?
Many companies talk about the opportunities when working for them, few deliver on the idea. The 20-person full-time Manager Research Team (MRT) at Redington is responsible for researching and finding the best asset managers from around the world for the firm’s wide range of clients.
The multi-asset and liquid alternatives research function within MRT is responsible for the researching, selecting and monitoring of multi-asset and liquid alternative managers across a diversified range of fundamental and systematic strategies.
The role involves working collaboratively with the Equity and Fixed Income teams, helping to deliver manager research and provide advice to the firm’s clients.
Your above average day might include:
- Creation of concentrated “best ideas” Preferred Lists across a range of asset classes including: Diversified Risk Premia, Diversified Growth Funds, Event Arbitrage, Trend Following, Equity Market Neutral.
- Responsible for designing bespoke funds and portfolios for several large, sophisticated Wealth Management clients.
- Advising several FTSE 100 pension schemes on multi-asset manager selections
You are likely to be
A background in multi-asset/alternatives research (manager researcher, analyst/PM or multi-asset/liquid alternatives specialist at an investment consultancy, asset manager or in-house team of an asset owner). With;
- 2-5 years’ industry experience.
- A passion for investing.
- Experience working with institutional asset owners.
- Knowledge of both quantitative and fundamental investment strategies.
- Analytical mindset and good quantitative skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and has confidence to express a view.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
You might also have
- CFA / CAIA
- An understanding of ESG and Climate focused investing
- Experience using industry tools such as eVestment, Style Analytics, Bloomberg and Financial Express.
Redington was founded in 2006 with a vision: to transform people’s experience of saving for retirement from fear and uncertainty to clarity, confidence and control.
Over a decade later, two co-founders have become over 150 employees, across three locations, who embody the same disruptive spirit on a mission to help make 100 million people become financially secure. Millions look forward to a more secure future because we dare to do things differently. Our Investment Consultants, Specialists and FinTech aficionados break the mould daily to ensure we continue our mission to help 100 million people enjoy a financially secure retirement.
Here’s to the future.