Love being part of a team which makes a difference?
Love the quantitative work you have been doing but looking for more opportunity to grow
with some of the industry’s best talent?
Ready to help millions achieve a financially secure future?
Many companies talk about the opportunities when working for them, few deliver on the idea. You’ll work alongside a broad Investment consulting team (Advisory, Manager Research, etc), who want to share industry experience and knowledge.
All of Redington’s investment advice is based on rigorous and best-in-class analysis, the bulk of which is delivered by ALM & Investment Strategy – making that team the firm’s main delivery engine.
As a member of the ALM team you will be responsible for;
Modelling asset classes such as equities, credit, bonds, derivatives, hedge funds and other alternatives using in-house tools, in conjunction with modelling pension funds’ contingent liabilities.
Designing and implementing capital market and LDI solutions to reduce risk or increase expected return.
Analysing the risks in pension funds.
Monitoring the markets and keeping abreast of key developments.
Liaising with investment consultants to understand the needs of the client and using Redington’s proprietary analytics, to deliver first class advice.
Acting as first port of call for the consulting lead to discuss project approach, plan project and opine on fees.
Formulating ongoing investment strategy recommendations (consistent with CIO views, investment principles, client preferences, manager views) for changes in objectives/circumstances/markets.
Your are likely to be:
- A CFA Charter holder or FIA/AIA, or working towards these qualifications
- 5-8 years into your career with a relevant organisation (Investment consultancy/Life insurer)
- Highly interested in financial markets
- Well versed in modelling asset classes or pension fund contingent liabilities
- Analytical and not afraid to challenge preconceived ideas
- A stickler for detail
- Happy when delivering; either in a team or independently
You might also have:
- Some experience in actuarial longevity/mortality modeling or interpreting this data
- Research experience (academic and/or practitioner led)
- A day off for your birthday
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday
- 7% Employer contribution to Pension with 2% matching option to your pension or an ISA
- ULEV car leasing scheme
- Social Events
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and cereal (when we are in the office)
- Time off over Christmas without using annual leave
- Gym subsidy (when we are allowed back to them)
- Training and continuous development