As an independent, award-winning and B Corp-Certified investment consultancy, we provide a full range of outcome-oriented advice, research and technology to some of the largest pension funds, wealth managers and other institutional investors across the UK, Europe and China.
Since our humble beginnings, we’ve challenged norms and pushed boundaries to deliver on our mission of helping to make 100 million people financially secure – for the benefit of people and planet.
Our team is home to some of the brightest minds in finance who thrive on seeking innovative solutions to our clients’ complex challenges.
Sound like your cup of tea? We’d love for you to consider joining our team!
About the role
Our Asset & Liability Management (‘ALM’) team uses our in-house software and sophisticated tools to model our clients’ assets and liabilities, and to design the means to help our clients’ investments meet their needs.
As a member of the ALM team you will be responsible for:
- Modelling asset classes such as equities, credit, bonds, derivatives, hedge funds and other alternatives using in-house tools, in conjunction with modelling pension funds’ contingent liabilities.
- Designing and implementing capital market and LDI solutions to reduce risk or increase expected return.
- Evaluating the risks in pension funds and other institutional investor portfolios.
- Monitoring the markets and keeping abreast of key developments.
- Liaising with investment consultants to understand the needs of the client, and using Redington’s proprietary modelling, to deliver first class advice.
- Acting as first port of call for the consulting team to discuss project approach, plan project and opine on fees.
- Formulating ongoing investment strategy recommendations (consistent with CIO views, investment principles, client preferences, manager views) for changes in objectives/circumstances/markets.
Please note that we are only able to consider applicants for this role who are based in London and already have the legal right to work in the UK.
This role is for you if you are
- A CFA Charter holder or FIA/AIA, or working towards these qualifications
- 5-8 years into your career with a relevant organisation (Investment consultancy/Life insurer)
- Highly interested in financial markets
- Well versed in modelling asset classes or pension fund contingent liabilities
- Analytical and not afraid to query preconceived ideas
- Someone with attention to detail
- Happy when delivering; either collaboratively or independently
It would be great if you also have
- Some experience in actuarial longevity/mortality modeling or interpreting this data
- Some experience in modelling asset classes or pension fund liabilities
- Research experience (academic and/or practitioner led)
- Curiosity, always looking to innovate and experiment with something new
- The ability to understand, evaluate and learn quickly
- A ‘get your hands dirty’ mindset
- Keenness to work together and make a difference
💰 A competitive salary and bonus, reviewed every 12 months to reflect your performance
📈 9% matching contributions to our expertly-designed pension scheme (2% of which can go towards an ISA instead)
✈️ 25 days of holiday per year (plus bank holidays and your birthday) – we also close our offices over Christmas and New Year
🎓 The opportunity to study towards industry-recognised professional qualifications
🏠 The flexibility to work from home two days a week
🏥 Access to private medical insurance, critical illness cover and life assurance
🤰 Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
➕ Plus many more
Diversity isn’t about recruiting individuals from minority groups to meet a quota; it’s about recruiting people from genuinely different backgrounds who bring with them a unique experience, perspective and skillset into an inclusive environment. Our commitment to inclusion and diversity will help us to tackle complex problems and create innovative solutions.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all applicants irrespective of their age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.