Do you have strong analytical and communication skills? Are you good with numbers and keen to work in a fast-paced team environment? Do you have a passion for problem solving?
Then our Operational Risk Assessment role may be just the one for you.
Mercer is one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services. Mercer offers a rewarding career environment in every sense. We offer private medical cover, a pension scheme, 25 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell up to five days), income protection and a range of other benefits. But even more importantly, we provide you with exceptional training and development opportunities.
This position will begin in September 2014 and you will join the 18-month Graduate Development Programme, starting with a residential course. You will quickly acquire the knowledge and skills to move forward in your career while simultaneously studying for the Investment Management Certificate. At that point, you have the choice of going on to study for either the Actuarial or the CFA exams. What’s more, our comprehensive study package will give you the resources and time to succeed at every stage of your development.
The Mercer Sentinel® team is a specialist global group of 40+ full time staff (25 in Europe) within our Investments business, focussed on consulting to clients on all aspects of investment operations and their governance. This includes consulting on asset transitions, custody and investment manager operational risk assessments. You will work as part of a team supporting more experienced analysts and consultants in the Mercer Sentinel Group dealing with custody and investment operations. Due to increasing demand we are continuing to build a specialist team focused on investment manager operational risk assessments.
• Working as part of a team to provide operational risk analysis on investment managers’ operations and control functions, including on-site due diligence
• Drafting one-off and periodic client reports on the findings of operational risk assessments
• Assisting with requests for proposals and other client presentational materials
• Supporting consultants in providing information regarding Mercer Sentinel services to clients
• Liaising with investment managers to collate information, coordinate on-site visits and schedules
• Helping to increase the profile of Mercer Sentinel within Mercer and in the wider investment community
• Responding to general enquiries from field consultants.
There will be a limited amount of travel in Europe as part of the role.
Skills and qualifications required:
• Basic knowledge of investment consulting principles, market conditions and relevant legislation
• Sound mathematical background
• 300 UCAS points in 3 subjects with one being a B or above in a numerate or semi numerate subject
• 2.1 in any numerate or semi-numerate degree discipline
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
• Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date.
• Works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
• Willing to undertake research and share knowledge and experience, learn from others, give and receive feedback and contribute in a team environment.
• Self motivated with an eagerness to learn and keep up-to-date with the custody/investment industry, market conditions, etc.
• Proactively approaches client work.
• Flexibility to work with teams in a cross border environment.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to Mercer’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]