Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
Pensions Actuary – Senior Manager
We are seeking to expand our Actuarial team and wish to recruit an experienced and professional Pensions Actuarial Senior Manager in either our Manchester, Glasgow or Edinburgh office.
We are looking for individuals with excellent pensions consulting skills, strong technical skills, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Role and Responsibilities:
This role will be suitable for senior experienced pensions consultants who are FIA/FFA qualified, and who have experience of leading client relationships and advising trustee boards and corporate clients.
In addition to proven technical and client consulting experience, individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can develop the people they work with in order to deliver quality work to clients. Key aspects of the role are:
- Advising trustee and corporate clients on all aspects of DB pensions, including scheme funding, journey planning, risk management, member options.
- Leading teams to enable the delivery of large client projects end-to-end.
- Being responsible for producing high quality deliverables that address key client issues, often on multiple concurrent projects.
- Attending client meeting and lead delivery of advice.
- Building and managing relationships with trustee boards and corporate clients.
- Being able to recognise and act on new opportunities through new or existing clients.
- Contributing and taking responsibility for the development of junior colleagues and sharing your knowledge across the wider team.
- Regularly monitoring all aspects of risk and compliance.
- Either FIA or FFA qualified.
Experience and Competencies Required:
- Excellent understanding of the UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
- Able to consistently manage multiple workstreams and prioritise tasks accordingly to deliver high quality client deliverables.
- Strong technical pensions and actuarial knowledge.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Consistently able to work at a high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
- Proactive and commercial approach.
- A proven track record in consulting with clients.
- Ability to lead and coach teams and work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary client service teams to deliver projects effectively.
- Ability to contribute and take responsibility for the development of junior colleagues.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.