Mercer is the global leader for trusted HR and related financial advice, products and services. In their work with clients, they make a positive impact on the world every day. They do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce.
Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide.
Though this role is based in the Investments team Mercer also runs a successful apprenticeship scheme in their Retirement Business and you will be given opportunities to network with other Apprentices.
As a Mercer Investments Apprentice, you will be based in a team of approximately 30 people of varying levels of experience. You will receive full training to ensure you are competent in carrying out the key duties of the Apprenticeship role, namely:
- Assisting with production of investment reports (this will include analysing data and obtaining information that will be inserted into reports)
- Assisting more experienced team members with the process of selecting the appropriate investment managers to manage our clients’ pension fund assets
- Liaising with various teams within Mercer Investments and other departments at Mercer to deliver an excellent service to our clients
- Dealing with routine queries received from investment managers, third parties and Mercer colleagues in other departments
- Working with a range of Mercer’s internal systems and databases
- Ensuring that all Mercer’s professionalism/compliance processes are understood and followed
- Attending appropriate development training
- Keeping internal data systems up-to-date and assisting with internal surveys
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade A*-C Grade including one A level in a numerical subject such as Maths, Economics or Business Studies. English and maths GCSE (minimum Grade B).
Professional Qualifications Offered
- Mercer’s apprenticeship programme is 3 years in duration. In the first two years, the Apprentice will study for the Investment Operations Certificate which is a Level 3 qualification. In the third year the Apprentice will study the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) which is a Level 4 qualification.
- Study will be fully-funded by Mercer and the Apprentice will be given a half day to study each week. On completion of the apprenticeship programme, the Apprentice will qualify as an Investment Technician Apprentice
- On completion of the Investments Apprenticeship, employees will become a permanent employee and transfer to Mercer’s Graduate Scheme.
Skills and Qualities Required
- Good communicator
- Ability to apply critical thinking
- Ability to get results and find solutions
- Good time management
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills