Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that make a difference in the health, wealth and careers of 110 million people every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
Mercer Sentinel® is a dedicated specialist group within Mercer Investments focused on advising client on non-investment risks associated with investment operations and execution. The team focuses on specific areas of operational and service provider risk and is comprised of professionals who have deep backgrounds and experience in investment operations and execution, custody and risk management.
As part of the Mercer Sentinel® team, you will work alongside senior team members in our custody consulting service. A custodian can be an invaluable partner in prudently managing, administering and overseeing investments. We help clients with a wide range of custody-related projects, from selecting new custodians, custodian governance through capabilities reviews, performance monitoring and asset safety reviews to assessing value for money through fee benchmarking .
All our graduates study towards the CFA or CAIA and IMC professional qualifications. Mercer provides a comprehensive resource and study package to support you in gaining your professional qualifications.
Key role activities:
- Assist team members to provide in-depth analysis on a range of custody services, developing a good knowledge and understanding of custody services, costs and fees as well as in-depth analysis of securities lending and foreign exchange operations.
- Draft custody monitoring reports for clients, including in-depth analysis of operational metrics on trade settlement, cash management, income collection and other benchmarks.
- Liaising with the custodian banks and external suppliers to extract and analyse data.
- Assist with general custody enquires from field consultants in the UK and Europe.
- Maintain the Mercer Sentinel Global Custodian database.
- Assist in the maintenance of team financial reports and pipeline.
- Draft client documents and presentations that communicate the analysis, key issues, conclusions and recommendations for specific client situations.
- Deals with queries received from clients, third parties and other lines of business.
- Checks accuracy and reasonableness of own work and ensures that high professional standards are maintained at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- Minimum B in Mathematics at A levels
- An interest in financial markets, pensions and investments and eagerness to keep up to date with industry trends and market conditions
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to complete the relevant professional qualifications
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks, work well as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery standards and deadlines are met
In return, joining Mercer you will access to a number of benefits;
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Global and diverse work environment and culture
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive study resources and support
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied work load
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension scheme, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, income protection with the ability to further tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs, including discounted gym membership, travel insurance, childcare, retail vouchers and much more.
At Mercer we are open to flexible and part time working arrangements for new hires. The aim of our flexible working policy is to enable employees to balance work and home life more effectively, whilst meeting the needs of our business. This is another step towards us being an employer of choice. We encourage you to discuss your requirements with us when you apply for a role (we’re very flexible!).