Our mission is to help our clients effectively manage their risk. Communication is at the heart of what we do. We are proactive, strategic, knowledgeable and innovative.
The Investment Consulting practice is an area of rapid growth within Xafinity. We are very ambitious and want to continue growing strongly.
We advise our pension scheme clients on a broad range of investment topics such as asset allocation, fund manager selection and risk management.
We are looking for graduates that will excel in this advisory role. This requires excellent communication skills, a passion about investments together with drive and enthusiasm.
We want graduates who are unafraid to express a view and can express their view clearly, thereby contributing to the investment ideas we rely on to achieve our aims.
We’re going places, come with us for the journey.
Xafinity is one of the UK’s leading specialists in pensions and employee benefits. We are an ambitious, growing business employing over 400 people across our six offices.
We have over 500 clients who tell us that our people are outstanding, proactive, innovative, and relevant. This reputation is based on the personal relationships we form with our clients, underpinned by our outstanding advice.
We recognise how critical you are to us.
We will accelerate your development through on-the-job training and support for your professional qualification. You will be involved in a wide range of client work from day one and will quickly take ownership of tasks and projects.
You can use your technical skills to develop innovative solutions. We will give you client exposure at an early stage so you can use your communication skills.
You’ll be expected to contribute to the ongoing debate we have about what we’re doing with our clients, thereby helping influence our future direction.
We will of course pay you an attractive salary alongside a broad range of other benefits which you can shape to reflect your circumstances.
The Recruitment Process
Our recruitment process has been designed to allow you to show us you have what we’re looking for.
Stage 1 – Application form
We want to know about your academic background and work experience.
Stage 2 – Telephone interview
We will ask you about previous experiences you’ve had and your involvement in different situations, to help us understand your skills.
Stage 3 – Assessment centre including aptitude tests
The assessment centre is an opportunity for us to see your skills and abilities face-to-face. The aptitude tests will help us confirm your capabilities. – These will be held on the 2nd and 3rd December in Leeds.
You will need to demonstrate that you are confident, bright, articulate and personable. We can’t wait to see who you really are.
What we do
Our clients are institutional investors, mostly pension schemes. We advise them on a wide range of investment-related areas, including:
- We help our clients understand and agree their investment objectives. This combines journey planning (understanding the impact of targeting different levels of return) with asset liability modelling (understanding the risks associated with different investment strategies).
- We help our clients determine a suitable asset allocation. We use our in-depth knowledge to help our clients understand strategic and tactical investment opportunities.
- We help our clients with risk management. We produce analysis so our clients understand the risks to which they are exposed and we advise them how to hedge those risks where appropriate.
- We help our clients with the implementation of their strategy. We undertake fund manager research to help our clients increase the chances of meeting their objectives. We also use our specialist asset transition knowledge to help our clients implement our advice efficiently.
To be clear, we do not manage any money for our clients or undertake any trading.
What it will be like
We want to help you reach your potential and be the best that you can be.
By joining Xafinity you will be involved in a wide variety of work. You’ll be supported by on-the-job training, resulting in you developing your knowledge and abilities quickly. Examples include:
- Working in client teams to produce strategic advice.
- Setting up asset liability models to help our clients better understand risk.
- Producing clear written advice to help our clients quickly identify and understand the key issues.
- Preparing monitoring reports to help our clients understand what’s driving performance.
- Attending client meetings to help deliver advice and understand the importance of effective communication.
- Researching investment ideas across the full range of asset classes.
- Researching fund managers.
- Supporting asset transitions across managers and funds.
- Contributing to the continuous debate about how we do an even better job for our clients (e.g. new investment ideas or ways to be communicate investment concepts).
In addition, you’ll be studying for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams. We know that it’s a real challenge completing professional qualifications whilst progressing in a new job, so we’ll help you every step of the way – we’ll equip you with study materials and time to study.
Diversity and Equality
We value diversity and believe it enhances what we do and how we do it. Equality strengthens our organisation to better serve our clients and enable our people to realise their full potential.
To apply, click the button below and email us to request your application form.