Do you have strong analytical and communication skills? Are you good with numbers and keen to work in a fast-paced team environment? Do you have a passion for project management and problem solving?
Then our Graduate Asset Transitions Co-ordinator role may be just the one for you.
We are one of the world’s largest providers of talent,health, retirement and investment services. The Mercer Sentinel® team is aspecialist global group of 50+ full time staff (25 in Europe) within our Investments business, focussed on consulting to clients on all aspects ofinvestment operations and their governance. This includes consulting on custody, asset transitions, and investment manager operational risk assessments. Our four main operating hubs are London, Chicago, Sydney and Singapore. You will work as part of a team supporting more experienced analystsand consultants in the Mercer Sentinel Group dealing with custody and investment operations.
Mercer offers a rewarding career environment in everysense. We offer private medical cover, a pension scheme, 25 days holiday (withthe option to buy or sell up to five days), income protection and a range of other benefits. But even more importantly, we provide you with exceptional training and development opportunities.
Our graduate roles begin in September 2014 with an 18-month Graduate Development Programme, starting with a residential course. You will quickly acquire the knowledge and skills to move forward in your career while simultaneously studying for the Investment Management Certificate. At that point, you have the choice of going on to study for either the Actuarial or the CFA exams. What’s more, our comprehensive study package will give you the resources and time to succeed at every stage of your development.
Within the European Sentinel team we have 9 staff responsible for implementing all the asset transitions undertaken by Mercer on behalf of clients. Asset transitions occur when a client wishes to replace an investment manager or change the investment strategy of a pension scheme. The role is very much focused on project management and problem solving skills.
- Working with asset managers to devise the most suitable transition strategy for a client.
- Drafting and agreeing instruction letters with the various parties involved in a transition.
- Drafting a transition strategy document for the client which will include the agreed transfer process, minimising out-of-market exposure and the estimated costs of the transition.
- Implementing and monitoring the transition strategy agreed with the client.
- Preparing a post transition report setting out details of the activities undertaken.
- Contributing to intellectual capital and development of the team, including process improvements.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Basic knowledge of investment consulting principles, market conditions and relevant legislation
- Sound mathematical background
- 300 UCAS points in 3 subjects with one being a B or above in a numerate or semi numerate subject
- 2.1 in any numerate or semi-numerate degree discipline
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc
- Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date.
- Works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Willing to undertake research and share knowledge and experience, learn from others, give and receive feedback and contribute in a team environment.
- Self motivated with an eagerness to learn and keep up-to-date with the investment industry, market conditions, etc.
- Proactively approaches client work.
- Flexibility to work with teams in a cross border environment.
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to Mercer’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]