Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pensions and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
Joining our team of pension risk experts, the Financial Strategy Group (FSG) as a graduate in our London office, will see you working together as part of an experienced team to help develop and deliver customised solutions and advice for clients to help them manage their pension and investment risk. This advice covers the complete spectrum of risk management solutions, ranging from innovative liability hedging to risk transfer or balance sheet financing solutions.
Key duties include:
- Assists more senior analysts to produce numerical and qualitative analysis in relation to pension risk advice for specific client situations
- Works with spreadsheets and various modelling tools to produce detailed numerical analysis of the client’s risk profile and the impact of risk on key financial metrics
- Assists in adapting technical modelling tools for specific client situations and deals with technical queries on the modelling methods and tools used
- Drafts client documents and presentations that communicate the analysis, key issues, conclusions and recommendations for specific client situations
- Assists in the implementation of risk management strategies, liaising with the client and third parties, as appropriate
- Supports seniors in the research, analysis and general preparation of materials for new business proposals
- Works with other Mercer business lines to deliver a streamlined service to clients
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained ideally in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
- Minimum A in Mathematics at A levels (or equivalent)
- An interest in financial markets and pensions is essential
- Willingness to complete relevant professional qualifications
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance
In return, joining Mercer you will access to a number of benefits;
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive study resources and support
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied work load
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days additional leave
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection with the ability to further tailor it to suit your individual needs with options including discounted gym memberships, travel insurance, childcare and retail vouchers and much more
To find out more and to apply to this role, please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.