Do you have strong analytical and communication skills? Are you good with numbers and keen to work in a fast-paced team environment? And do you have what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations?
Then it’s time to join Mercer as a Graduate Financial Strategy Analyst.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer’s 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
As part of our Financial Strategy Group (FSG) you will specialise in delivering strategic financial advice to pension sponsors, fiduciaries and managers. You will deliver advice on pension risk assessment, management and reduction to help clients achieve their own unique risk management objectives.
As an analyst joining the FSG you will work as part of a team supporting more experienced analysts and consultants in a wide range of pension risk consultancy projects. You will help to develop and deliver customised solutions and advice for clients to help them manage pension risk.
As you develop your skills and knowledge, you will take on additional responsibility and you will have the opportunity to enhance your expertise and learn from others as you build a platform for career growth.
Mercer offers a rewarding career environment in every sense. We offer private medical cover, a pension scheme, 25 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell up to five days), income protection and a range of other benefits. But even more importantly, we provide you with exceptional training and development opportunities.
Our graduate roles begin in September 2013 with an 18-month Graduate Development Programme, starting with a residential course. You will quickly acquire the knowledge and skills to move forward in your career while simultaneously studying for the Investment Management Certificate. At that point, you have the choice of going on to study for either the Actuarial or the CFA exams. What’s more, our comprehensive study package will give you the resources and time to succeed at every stage of your development.
Key duties include:
- Assists more senior analysts to produce numerical and qualitative analysis in relation to pension risk advice for specific client situations
- Works with spreadsheets and various modelling tools to produce detailed numerical analysis of the client’s risk profile and the impact of risk on key financial metrics
- Assists in adapting technical modelling tools for specific client situations and deals with technical queries on the modelling methods and tools used
- Drafts client documents and presentations that communicate the analysis, key issues, conclusions and recommendations for specific client situations
- Works with other Mercer business lines to deliver a streamlined service to clients
- Ensures that all professionalism and compliance processes are understood and followed
Skills and qualifications required:
- A sound mathematical background is essential
- A minimum of 300 UCAS points, A level Mathematics at grade B or above with a minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerical or semi numerical degree discipline. Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Good analytical skills and ability to work through tasks in a logical manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and build strong relationships with peers, colleagues and other Mercer businesses
- Able to take ownership for work, ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date
- Able to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Self motivated, with an eagerness to learn and to keep up-to-date with the market and developments in the pension and investment industry
- Ability to balance work, study and personal life effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
[jobfooter]Please mention Inside Careers when applying to Mercer’s graduate jobs[/jobfooter]