The Government Actuary’s Department is responsible for the provision of actuarial advice to the UK Government and a range of public service departments regarding their pension provisions and risk management. GAD operates with a number of internal teams with responsibility for specific areas of advice.
We are looking to recruit Junior Trainee Actuaries. GAD operates with a number of internal teams with responsibility for specific areas of advice. As a Junior Trainee Actuary you may be employed within any of these teams and would be expected to rotate through various teams during your career. As a Junior Trainee Actuary you will produce client advice and provide accurate, high quality and timely actuarial analysis, to support your team and GAD.
To be eligible to apply for the Junior Trainee Actuary role you will need:
- First or 2:1 honours degree in a subject with high mathematical content (or expect to graduate by summer 2019) as well as
- A level in mathematics at grade A (or equivalent)
Rewards & Benefits
- Defined benefit pension scheme;
- Flexible working arrangements to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance;
- 25 days annual leave (30 days with 5 years’ service);
- Access to excellent training opportunities including technical and soft skills;
- Opportunity to work in other areas;
- Assigned study mentor, generous study leave and support for the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries exams;
- Professional briefings, management and business training.