About the Job
We are at the centre of actuarial expertise within government providing advice and analysis to government across a range of significant policy initiatives. We enable government to better understand and quantify risks and in turn result in better outcomes for the UK public.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join our analytical team.
Our goal is to integrate modern analytical and actuarial techniques into the business of government to achieve better outcomes for decision-makers and the public.
Typical areas of our work include the effective management of social security, pensions, and risk-pooling arrangements, as well as bespoke advice including disaster risk protection.
We are an inclusive organisation which values the strength of a diverse team, supported through staff networks and an active Diversity and Inclusion strategy. We encourage everyone to apply to join us.
As an analyst, you will play a crucial role at the Government Actuary’s Department (GAD) by working with other professionals to produce high quality advice and analysis for government. This will include producing and translating analysis to government across a range of areas including:
• applying modern analytical techniques to allow government to better understand and manage risks for important policies affecting the entire UK
• the management of costs and risks across the public service workforce, including the design and operation of public service pension schemes
• understanding insurance risks and costs affecting government, including clinical negligence in the NHS
• bespoke advice on financial and demographic risks facing government, including social security benefits
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Working Together
As well as competitive salaries, we offer a substantial package of benefits:
- Extensive talent, career and personal development
- 25 days annual leave per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service. In addition we offer 9 days public and privilege days leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Generous defined benefit Civil Service pension scheme
- Family-friendly policies such as help with caring responsibilities, special leave, generous paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Access to employee assistance programme and occupational health
- Community volunteering programme, the opportunity to join a trade union, and discounted membership of local and national sports and social groups
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
- Salary advances for travel costs, including annual season tickets and cycle-to-work schemes
- Complimentary BUPA health check for permanent staff
Things you need to know
Application deadline: 23:59 hrs on 9 January 2023
Shortlisting: W/c 9 January 2023
Interview location: London, EC4A 1AB
To apply for the role, please follow the link at the bottom of this advert. The deadline to submit an application form is 10 January 2022.