Finlaison House, 15-17 Furnival Street, London, EC4A 1AB
About the job
The Government Actuary’s Department (GAD) is a well-established organisation in the heart of government which uses statistical analysis and probabilistic financial models to assess a wide range of risks facing the public sector. Using these techniques, we aim to enhance the stewardship of public sector finances by providing expert advice to government departments in areas including contingent risks, insurance, pensions, and social security.
The Analytical Solutions Team comprises around 80 analysts and actuaries and works across a wide and growing range of analytical areas including social security, funded and unfunded pensions, as well as bespoke analysis and model building for Government. The team serves as a platform for innovation and change within GAD. We will look to you to pro-actively contribute to this by embracing new technologies and ways of working as well as spread their use across GAD.
We are looking for people who want to translate their actuarial background and experience within the broader field of government analysis. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your existing expertise in a familiar field while you develop your understanding of broader analysis to support and develop the UK.
We are an inclusive organisation which values the strength of a diverse team, supported through staff networks and an active Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
You will be a key member of our Analytical Solutions Team working alongside analysts with a broad range of experience from across the Civil Service and the private sector.
Please refer to the job description for more information about the role and the assessment criteria.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
As well as competitive salaries, we offer a substantial package of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service. In addition we offer 9 days public and privilege days leave per year (pro rata for part time staff)
- Generous defined benefit Civil Service pension scheme
- Family-friendly policies such as help with caring responsibilities, special leave, generous paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Access to employee assistance programme and occupational health
- Community volunteering programme, the opportunity to join a trade union, and discounted membership of local and national sports and social groups
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
- Salary advances for travel costs, including annual season tickets and cycle-to-work schemes
- Complimentary Bupa health check for permanent staff
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check
Selection process details
Application deadline: 12:00 pm on 11 July 2022
Shortlisting: Week commencing 18 July 2022
Interview location: London, EC4A 1AB