Do you aspire to join a world leader and build a strong and successful consulting career? Have you got what it takes to deliver solutions that have a real impact on the future of major organisations and individuals every day? Are you ready to be challenged?
Mercer is the place for you. As one of the world’s largest providers of talent, health, retirement and investment services, from day one your role will contribute to the success of our clients as we provide them with expert advice on everything from pension schemes and investments to salaries, rewards and benefits.
As an intern joining the Financial Strategy Group for eight weeks, you will work as part of the team to support more experienced analysts and consultants in a wide range of pension and risk consultancy projects for both corporate and trustee clients.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting more senior analysts in carrying out numerical and qualitative analysis for specific client situations.
- Working with spreadsheets and modelling tools and assisting senior analysts and consultants to adapt technical modelling tools for specific client situations.
- Helping to deal with technical queries on the analysis and modelling methods used.
- Drafting documents and presentations for use in client situations.
- Minimum of 300 UCAS points, minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained ideally in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted).
- An interest in financial markets and pensions.
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relationship building skills and understanding of customer service principles.
- Work well under pressure and strong time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a good work-life balance.
In return, joining Mercer you will access to a number of benefits;
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment
- Competitive salary
- Exposure to a wide range of clients ensuring a varied work load
To learn more about Mercer and to apply please click the link below.