Our actuarial team provides a wide range of services to the life and pensions industry including policy servicing, corporate reporting and project delivery. We offer an experience which combines elements of both consultancy and traditional life office work, which could include some travel to various client sites in the form of a secondment. This wide variety gives you the freedom to choose how your career develops.
As a graduate joining our team you will receive on the job training that ensures you are able to contribute from day one and quickly progress to take on additional responsibilities.
With our wide range of clients you will have the opportunity to develop an understanding of products and systems that you wouldn’t be exposed to in many traditional life offices. This will help build your knowledge and expertise very early in your actuarial career.
Examples of what you might be doing:
- Providing bespoke actuarial calculations and figures for policyholder communications
- Building robust applications to help increase efficiency
- Producing and analysing financial reporting figures
- Standardising and improving existing processes to reduce timescales, costs and risks
- Supporting project activity, in your base location or on a client site, including standalone actuarial projects and multi-team projects, working alongside our colleagues in Customer Services, IT, etc., as well as directly with clients.
We offer a generous study package to enable you to work toward qualification as an Actuary. You will also be rotated around the different teams giving you an opportunity to develop and apply your skills in different areas. There may also be opportunities to work from client sites.
- 2:1 or above in a numerical degree subject
- Strong numerical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills to plan and prioritise own workload
Our drive to grow the business and identify new work will often result in new vacancies opening up at short notice and at unpredictable times. As a result, your application may be held on file for a period before we contact you.
If you are interested in joining our unique team at this exciting time of growth and feel you have the skills we require, please follow the instructions below to apply.
Note: Applicants must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK.
- Download the Capita graduate application form from the link below.
- Save it on your computer.
- Follow the instructions on the form.