Shape better services as an Actuary
This role is available in both the life and non-life sectors.
You will be working directly with a client team, either on-site or remotely, liaising and working closely with them to deliver actuarial solutions. The nature of our work means no two projects are ever alike.
Our team are exposed to a wide aspect of actuarial specialties, whilst also engaging with key stakeholders at some of the largest life companies in the country. You’ll regularly be joining new teams, working in different roles, so you will look forward to meeting new people and quickly getting up to speed with how you can deliver and create better outcomes for our clients.
- Lead, contribute to and oversee actuarial projects and deliverables
- Delight clients by delivering high quality actuarial work
- Work closely with key stakeholders at the client, keeping them informed of progress
- Design, propose and implement solutions, understanding the impact to the business
- Seek out further opportunities for work with clients
- Plan and prioritise deliverables and resources for projects
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Manage all stakeholders appropriately and professionally
- Champion and promote Capita Actuarial Solutions
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of actuarial work in the life or non-life industry
- Exposure to multiple areas of actuarial work and an understanding of your roles in the context of a wider organisation
- Progressing with actuarial exams, although we will also consider those who have experience but have stopped taking actuarial exams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a format and approach appropriate to the receiving stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and good working knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Able to show initiative, work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of the Life and Pensions industry, or the non-life industry, as well as actuarial techniques, regulation and legislation
- A willingness to travel to client site
About Capita Actuarial
At Capita Actuarial, we provide trusted and flexible actuarial support to our clients across the life and pensions industry. We have been supporting leading life companies across the UK for a number of years, offering actuarial solutions in all disciplines of actuarial work, from reporting and pricing, to the most modern project work, including Solvency II and IFRS17.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Good work life balance
- Exposure to many aspects of actuarial work
- Remote working
- Excellent study support package
- High levels of responsibility
- Additional bonuses earned from working with clients
- Exciting time to join, with the team growing and branching into new areas
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You’ll also benefit from (e.g. discounted membership at the onsite gym / free parking / weekly lunch club etc.)
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.